What to expect from Rickey Williams? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What to expect from Rickey Williams?

Moderator: Football Moderators

What to expect from Rickey Williams?

Postby brdmaverick » Sun Jul 10, 2005 4:46 pm

What should we expect from Rickey Williams this year?

Do you think he will be worth a pick, or will Ronnie Brown be the feature back for the year?
brdmaverick
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby koffeeboy » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:02 pm

I might expect some things from Ricky Williams.

But nothing from Rickey Williams.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby mnheadliner » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:08 pm

koffeeboy wrote:I might expect some things from Ricky Williams.

But nothing from Rickey Williams.
:-b

The recovering pot smoker has some value, however it is hard to pin down how much. Watch the rookie and see if he holds out. How long he holds out. How he performs in training camp. Also watch to see how mr. pot head looks in camp. Basically, at this point I view him as a bye-week or injury fill in RB after he serves his suspension (first 5 weeks of season) with the possibility of becoming much more. The sky is the limit on this guy....but so is the risk factor.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Pete123444 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:20 pm

they still have to sign him to a contract of their liking. Then, whenever that is done,if that gets done, he has to sit out 4 games. if they hammer out a contract before week 1, by the time he plays in week 6, he would have been out of football for 22 months. I don't look for anything from him this year.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Manja » Sun Jul 10, 2005 5:41 pm

The sky is the limit on this guy....

Yeah.. it's up to him on how high he wants to be. :-b
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:33 pm

The thing I question is how his team mates feel about his return - they gotta still be p.o.'ed about how he screwed the team by walking on them at the last minute thereby helping to destroy their season.
I think if he doesn't pan out they dump him and don't waste any more time on him - if he does pan out and Brown does too, I see them trading Williams to fill in a need elsewhere on the team, not too mention to help team morale (assuming anyone else wants to take a chance on him - the NFL's home for misfits, the Raiders, already have their feature back).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby defianthart » Sun Jul 10, 2005 6:36 pm

stomperrob wrote:The thing I question is how his team mates feel about his return - they gotta still be p.o.'ed about how he screwed the team by walking on them at the last minute thereby helping to destroy their season.
I think if he doesn't pan out they dump him and don't waste any more time on him - if he does pan out and Brown does too, I see them trading Williams to fill in a need elsewhere on the team, not too mention to help team morale (assuming anyone else wants to take a chance on him - the NFL's home for misfits, the Raiders, already have their feature back).

if no one wants edge, SA, or henry, no ones gonna want ricky
[u]Vince Lombardi Dynasty League(cafe)[/u]
Coweta Dirty Birds: Runner-Up

[u]The Chosen Dynasty League(money)[/u]
Zoso's Ringers: Champs
defianthart
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Pete123444 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 7:22 pm

I don't think Ricky's heart is in this at all. I think the 8 million he owed forced him back to the game. I can't see him running with any effect when he does get a shot. He'll run out of bounds at the first opportunity or go down with the first tackler. He's scared to death of a longterm injury. People thinking he's ever gonna be a stud again are wasting a roster spot.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Sun Jul 10, 2005 8:38 pm

I dont think RWs value will get any lower from this point forward.

Id rather have RW than Brown.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bigGAME101 » Sun Jul 10, 2005 9:34 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I dont think RWs value will get any lower from this point forward.

Id rather have RW than Brown.

I don't think Ricky's value can get much lower either...but in a dynasty leage, I'll take Ronnie over Ricky any day. As was mentioned above, Ricky just doesn't have the heart he used to...he lost that a long time ago. The only thing that leads me to believe he could have a good season is that his contract could be ridden with incentives, and we all know Ricky has played without love of the game before, so for the right $$ he might do well for a couple years.

North Ancaster Astros - Crusaders Treasure Chest represent
bigGAME101
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk