What do you do with the last 5 picks in your draft? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

What do you do with the last 5 picks in your draft?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:09 am

I go with gut felt sleepers and handcuff my top back(s), then with my las two picks, usually take a d or Kicker if I don't already have them yet. ;-D
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:09 am

I take the obvious D and K. I usually look to fill my backup QB spot here. Sleepers and depth at RB and WR. Pretty much the same as most others. Last year I got Reggie Wayne in the 6th to last round which was huge.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby skinsfan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:15 am

I try to screw up other teams while picking my "gut players". I took Price, Larry Johnson, and of course my Kicker. I also took Plummer. The goal was to screw the Priest owner and anyone who's QB goes down.
Skins fan through thick and thin.
skinsfan
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bellybrother » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:20 am

My league is 12 teams. 18 rounds and you must select 2 k'. 2 dst's, 2 te's and 3 qb's, 1 of which MUST be a backup of one of your first 2. So at the end, I'm taking my 3rd qb, my 2nd k and te usually in my last 3 picks. The handful of picks before that, which is what you're probably interested in, I take handcuffs(last year Lamont Jordan, 15th) and sleeper wr's(Roy Williams, 13th and Keenan McCardell, 17th, remember he wasn't reporting to Tampa).
This year I'm targeting Justin McCareins as my end of draft flier. The new offensive coordinatot in Jet-ville is the old coordinator from Tennesse from which McCareins comes. He knew how to use him then(red zone) which is what made him go too early in drafts last year. This year he also has Coles opposite rather than Moss, Jolley is in town and Penny should be healthy by gametime. Since Penny is one of the most accurate passers in the game and the new O.C. knows McCareins, I think he will crack top 20 wr, which would be a huge value where he's drafted(usually around the 13th round).
I also think Derrick Blaylock is interesting this year. Good system in New York, C-Mart may start to wear down sometime in the next 20 years.....and it's worth a 12th rounder maybe, depending on what your roster is looking like, to have someone with the potential of Blaylock sitting behind an aging C-Mart who had a pretty heavy workload last year. Don't bet against C-Mart, but especially if you have him and I might even though I probably won't have him due to my draft position and where he's going, take a flier on Blaylock.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Sixxgunn » Mon Jul 11, 2005 10:07 am

skinsfan wrote:I try to screw up other teams while picking my "gut players". I took Price, Larry Johnson, and of course my Kicker. I also took Plummer. The goal was to screw the Priest owner and anyone who's QB goes down.

I was going to say the same thing. I will pick guys that other guys will want if they incur an injury. A good backup that could be solid trade bait on one of those "game-time decision" players. But only in one league does my bench play into that strength, as we carry 10 bench players. Not everyone has that luxury.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby FantasyMoneyMan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:22 pm

High upside guys and any players that fell and have a lot of value.
Fantasy Money Man
FantasyChallenge.com
FantasyMoneyMan
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:57 pm

TE, K, D, and Denver's 3rd and 4th string RBs. ;-)
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:22 pm

aussieboy wrote:Anyone willing to drop any names of the guys they usually like to pick up late?

Guys like Mewelde Moore, Reche Caldwell etc etc?

Arnaz Battle
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby houstonherdfan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:53 pm

J2thez929 wrote:
aussieboy wrote:Anyone willing to drop any names of the guys they usually like to pick up late?

Guys like Mewelde Moore, Reche Caldwell etc etc?

It all depends on how deep your league is. If its a 12-teamer and goes 18 rounds you might want to check out the "All-American Fantasy Football Keeper League" forum here. That should give you a solid idea on what guys are goin towards the end. Lets just say it ain't pretty

Wasn't much left was there.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Previous

Return to Football Talk