New Guy's Sleeper List - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

New Guy's Sleeper List

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:51 pm

Hate to rain on your parade....no no i dont lol

The reason Duckett is being taken late in drafts is because he is Warrick dunns back up. Yeah yeah i have heard the "warrick is turning 30 arguement a thousand times and agree Dunn is no stud rb. but Duckett is much much worse. I wonder if any of you have seen him play in any games? He has no heart and runs like hes got some place else to be. Even though hes big he is not a short yardage back. Dunn is better around the goaline the Duckett. The coaching staff agrees with me. There were numerous reports out of ATL last year from the coaches saying that duckett just cant get the job done. I really dont see Duckett making a significant impact on the 2005 fantasy scene.
Last edited by GreatestShowOnEarth on Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:10 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Yeah yeah i have heard the "warrick is turning 20 arguement a thousand times and agree Dunn is no stud rb.

Dunn's only turning 20! I gotta pick him up a lot earlier in my keeper league. (I'm just messing with ya, it was obviously a typo). ;-)

Honestly, while I don't agree with many of the picks, in particular Foster I've seen going way too high for the risk involved in having him. However, you got good logical reasons for why you think these guys will perform so ;-D
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby joshyboy72 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 9:18 pm

STEELtownUSA wrote:Hey nice picks here, I agree with all of them except maybe Dallas Clark. He should do decent but not much greater than average.

I disagree....this guy is a huge sleeper in my mind, and I greatly agree with the call. He has the potential to be a top 5 tight end this season, and in my opinion will outscore Heap and possibly Crumpler in fantasy points.

I mean really...Pollard and Clark combined for 11 touchdowns last season, Clark having 5. However, Clark was banged up for a lot of the season. First a strained calf, then later a biceps injury...forcing him to miss three games and play limited in others. Not surprisingly, his five touchdowns came over a five game stretch when he was completely healthy. He even had a 100 yard receiving game against the Texans.

His upside for this upcoming season is insane if he can stay healthy....the sky is the limit in that offense. 8 touchdowns are within reach IMO. And despite his offseason surgery he is expected to be 100% for training camp.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby toofunny » Mon Jul 11, 2005 11:42 pm

I agree that I just don't see Duckett having much value. He runs like he's 160 lbs. Last year he finally started to throw his weight around, but as someone said, he's a horrid short yardage back. Maybe he busts out, but I would expect him to be on the WW in most leagues after the draft.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LionsTim » Tue Jul 12, 2005 4:37 pm

Thanks for the banter. I can see a lot of good points both ways, but I'll hold true on my Duckett pick. The guy will get you some points here and there, and sometimes all it takes is an extra six or seven points to win a game, and until they get another back in there to compete for the #2 spot, I think he's worth a 9th round pick. Dallas Clark will get a lot of balls and looks in the redzone, health risk and all I think he's a good look, if he slips to the 7th. I'll take some guff on the Foster pick, I just think he will have enough good games to produce as a #3 back you can get in the 4th round.
Get your gym shoes on!
LionsTim
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: New Guy's Sleeper List

Postby sappisgod » Tue Jul 12, 2005 5:25 pm

LionsTim wrote:Wide Receiver

Tyrone Calico- If he's %100, there's no question he doesn't put up 8 tds, but I think he'll do more than that. The Titans have no #3 or #4 guy, and that bodes well for Drew Bennett and Calico. Steve McNair can still throw the ball and is one of the most tenacious guys in the game, and backup Billy Volek is competant as well. With a very questionable defense, look for the Titans to be playing from behind for most of the season as well.

Roddy White- OK, this might be a waiver wire sleeper, but I really like this guy. I think the Falcons will use him more than Mark Clayton last year, but Vick has to prove he can throw the ball. I think he can. White is a big guy with amazing speed, and if he gets the chance, he will impress.

I agree about Calico. Nice one. But Roddy White? First from experience, I'd stay away from any WR draft pick which Rich McKay OKs. And having Vick as your QB doesn't help much. It's hard enough adjusting to the speed of the game, and even hard when Mike "No Touch" Vick is throwing the ball 100 mph just out of your reach. But White can get downfield and Vick throw a pretty good deep ball, so maybe they can hook up a few times this season. I just wouldn't expect a whole lot.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Re: New Guy's Sleeper List

Postby toofunny » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:04 am

sappisgod wrote:
LionsTim wrote:Wide Receiver

Tyrone Calico- If he's %100, there's no question he doesn't put up 8 tds, but I think he'll do more than that. The Titans have no #3 or #4 guy, and that bodes well for Drew Bennett and Calico. Steve McNair can still throw the ball and is one of the most tenacious guys in the game, and backup Billy Volek is competant as well. With a very questionable defense, look for the Titans to be playing from behind for most of the season as well.

Roddy White- OK, this might be a waiver wire sleeper, but I really like this guy. I think the Falcons will use him more than Mark Clayton last year, but Vick has to prove he can throw the ball. I think he can. White is a big guy with amazing speed, and if he gets the chance, he will impress.

I agree about Calico. Nice one. But Roddy White? First from experience, I'd stay away from any WR draft pick which Rich McKay OKs. And having Vick as your QB doesn't help much. It's hard enough adjusting to the speed of the game, and even hard when Mike "No Touch" Vick is throwing the ball 100 mph just out of your reach. But White can get downfield and Vick throw a pretty good deep ball, so maybe they can hook up a few times this season. I just wouldn't expect a whole lot.

I agree totally. I laughed when people drafted peerless price. You might get 2-3 weeks of production, but huge spans of nothing. Vick failed to get 200 yds like 12 times last year. I'd just stay away.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:21 am

I have been reading all of these sleepers threads and surprised i havent heard anything about Reggie Brown. Especially with the whole TO situation going on. In college he was a super aggresive wide reciever that went after everything and usually came down with the ball. Add to that, that he is one of the cockyiest mothers around and i think thats pretty much the recipe for a stud wr in the nfl. He is also a very physical wr that can get off the line of scrimage unlike some of the rookie wrs that are being mentioned.

Also the Eagles desperately need a 2nd wr. Pinkston is not getting the job down. I think if Brown can get on the field he will make a large fantasy impact this year.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:57 pm

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:I have been reading all of these sleepers threads and surprised i havent heard anything about Reggie Brown. Especially with the whole TO situation going on. In college he was a super aggresive wide reciever that went after everything and usually came down with the ball. Add to that, that he is one of the cockyiest mothers around and i think thats pretty much the recipe for a stud wr in the nfl. He is also a very physical wr that can get off the line of scrimage unlike some of the rookie wrs that are being mentioned.

Also the Eagles desperately need a 2nd wr. Pinkston is not getting the job down. I think if Brown can get on the field he will make a large fantasy impact this year.

One problem, well actually two. The coaches are raving about Greg Lewis. And Billy McMullen was drafted just last year. Brown has a lot of work to do if he is to start.
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:14 am

GreatestShowOnEarth wrote:Also the Eagles desperately need a 2nd wr. Pinkston is not getting the job down. I think if Brown can get on the field he will make a large fantasy impact this year.

They desperately need a #2 and #3 WR. Pinkston won't cut it at either of those levels. The only knock I would put on Reggie Brown's odds of starting is that Reid is notorious for not throwing rookies to the wolves, so despite my personal hopes, I think Pinkston will start much of the season.

Even if Pinkston falters, Greg Lewis really made a case for being a nice deep threat late last year.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk