Culpepper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Culpepper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby koffeeboy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:14 pm

If he falls to the #5-#6 range, I'd jump all over that faster than Eddy Curry's heart will miss a beat!!!
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tiki » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:19 pm

I still see him as 3, but that's cause I am a C-pep fan. But I know he lost Moss and all, but Marcus Robinson is not a bad WR for MN. He's no Moss, but he can still run and catch. Nate Burlenson came off a pretty good year as well with 1000 yards and 9 TD's.
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:20 pm

Minny improved their defense, so that should give the offense some better field position... As well... Culpepper had a pretty good coupla weeks with Moss sidelined.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby 9er Fan » Mon Jul 11, 2005 5:49 pm

In a yardage league (i.e. 1 point/10 yards rushing) I'd rank him 2nd behind Manning. Last year in my league; CPepp scored 390, Manning 372, McNabb 306, and T. Green 288... The Moss loss will hurt, but not enough to drop him to #5/#6 in a yardage league.

Note: If Owens didn't consistently miss several games/year due to nagging injuries (usually during fantasy playoff weeks it seems), I'd move Mcnabb ahead of CPepp as well.
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:14 pm

koffeeboy wrote:Minny improved their defense, so that should give the offense some better field position... As well... Culpepper had a pretty good coupla weeks with Moss sidelined.

Culpepper had one good week with Moss out and that was against Green Bay, a team everyone had a good passing week against.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby cjudge27 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:20 pm

If you put him outside the top 3...who does he fall between?
cjudge27
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:22 pm

cjudge27 wrote:If you put him outside the top 3...who does he fall between?

Trent Green for one. Bulger is a possibility. Some believe Carson
Palmer is going to blow it up this year. Again, I don't think he's going to dip too much, but a slight dip could knock him outside of the top 3 if any of the above mentioned improve or stay put.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 6:44 pm

I would spend a third round pick on Culpepper. He's one of the few QBs in the NFL who is going to get you significant points on the ground and is the equal to many of the top passing QBs in the league as well. Culpepper's rushing stats are highly underrated and I think they will trend up as he is forced to make more plays happen for his team.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby gtabaplayr » Mon Jul 11, 2005 7:59 pm

I know Troy Williamson isn't Randy Moss, but I haven't even seen his name mentioned in this thread. He will certainly counter-act the Moss loss to an extent. That is a nice recieving core when you add in Wiggins, Burleson, Robinson, and Bennett out of the backfield. For me Culpepper is a lock to be a top 3 QB when you add in his rushing ability if he plays 14 or more games this year.
gtabaplayr
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby cruiz03 » Mon Jul 11, 2005 8:38 pm

Well, I'm a big Dante fan however I think I read on footballguys.com where they analized his stats while Moss was out and it came down to 3800yds and 29 TD's over the course of a year.

In my mind, that in addition to his rushing TD's and yards keeps him in the top 3. If Trent Green scored more TD's, I'd give him the #3 spot, but KC's RB's take all the glory.
cruiz03
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk