Chris Brown is a first round pick. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Brown is a first round pick.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:51 pm

Honestly, I don't understand this thread and comments at all.
Why is it titled "Chris Brown Is A First Round Pick"?

Brown is not a first round pick.
And most of the comments here are about a 2nd or 3rd RB.

Even if you get him late, say 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th round, that just means that you passed on someone else.

Chris brown in an accident sure to happen and a potential season buster because of the player you passed on to get him.

I don't get it.
~Da Wease
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby xbird » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:53 pm

My guess is the Titans pick up a vet RB as backup to Brown. Reese is not likely to give a #3 for Henry. I saw the shoulder
injury, the DB got a concussion. Turf toes happen, I think Brown
is a great pick as your number 3 RB
xbird
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby awwchrist » Thu Jul 14, 2005 3:54 pm

If games were only played till halftime I'd draft Chris Brown.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:01 pm

I'm salivating at drafting Chris Brown in the 3rd round this year if Tennessee doesn't sign Henry. I love it when guys make a joke and chuckle about Chris Brown being injury prone, just drives his value down as other people are too afraid to make a move for him.

Break out the crystal ball and pray fellas, Chris Brown's got talent and he'll be on my team for the price of a 3rd rounder.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby benm3218 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:03 pm

I just think that sometimes things out of the ordinary happen. One guy gets "unlucky" and while he may not be injury prone, he has a couple things back to back and everyone says he's injury prone. I don't think enough time has passed to lable Brown a "huge injury risk". But, thats just my opinion.

As to the title of the thread.... it caught your attention didn't it.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:12 pm

ScreamingWeasel wrote:Honestly, I don't understand this thread and comments at all.
Why is it titled "Chris Brown Is A First Round Pick"?

Brown is not a first round pick.
And most of the comments here are about a 2nd or 3rd RB.

Even if you get him late, say 4th, 5th, 6th, 7th round, that just means that you passed on someone else.

Chris brown in an accident sure to happen and a potential season buster because of the player you passed on to get him.

I don't get it.
~Da Wease

He has changed the title two or three times already...it's a gimmick to get people to look is all.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:58 pm

awwchrist wrote:If games were only played till halftime I'd draft Chris Brown.

LMAO!
Spoken like a true Sausage, aww!
;-D
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby JohnnyTitan » Thu Jul 14, 2005 5:07 pm

tanner wrote:Walter Payton's son is backing up Chris Brown..

Tennessee's #2 RB spot is open. There are alot of Titan fans that would like to Payton as Brown's backup, but no #2 has been decided on yet. They may even pickup a cheap vet if one becomes available.
JohnnyTitan
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby joshyboy72 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:29 pm

JohnnyTitan wrote:
tanner wrote:Walter Payton's son is backing up Chris Brown..

Tennessee's #2 RB spot is open. There are alot of Titan fans that would like to Payton as Brown's backup, but no #2 has been decided on yet. They may even pickup a cheap vet if one becomes available.

Yeah, that's a real problem with Brown right now...no handcuff. Could be Payton, but could also be Nash or Joe Smith. We'll just have to play the waiting game.
joshyboy72
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby TTTBone » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:29 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'm salivating at drafting Chris Brown in the 3rd round this year if Tennessee doesn't sign Henry. I love it when guys make a joke and chuckle about Chris Brown being injury prone, just drives his value down as other people are too afraid to make a move for him.

Break out the crystal ball and pray fellas, Chris Brown's got talent and he'll be on my team for the price of a 3rd rounder.

I'd tend to agree, Kensat.
Certain guys (Fred Taylor, Tiki, C-Mart) tend to get a bad reputation in FFootball circles due to injuries, fumbling issues, age, etc. Once stricken with the given stigma, and endlessly being made fun of, it takes a huge performance to get back into the graces of FFootball fans.
Freddie has issues this off-season, however, it should be noted that he's only missed two games in the last three seasons, which is better than 90% of the starting RB's in this league. Tiki led the league in combined yardage last season, but continues to be undervalued for the most part. C-Mart, people were laughing at you if you drafted old-ass, C-Mart as a top 15 RB preseason last year.
Certainly, Brown doesn't rank with these guys in term of proven long-term production, and it's a little different looking at an up-and-coming young guy; but I really do like his potential.
Every year guys get written off too early, usually aging vets, but to write off Brown with the "injury prone" tag this early just seems a bit premature to me. The guy was a monster when healthy last year, and I think the "injury-prone" tag gets bandied about far too liberally.
Not to say that injuries aren't a concern, nothing will end a RB's career quicker than injuries, but Brown has suffered no injuries that I would call threatening to his career.
The Titans obviously are somewhat concerned (i.e. Henry rumors), but I think that stems more so from not having a viable backup, rather than a lack of faith in Brown's abilities (notice: not willing to give up a third rounder for Henry).
I fully expect Brown to be the starter this year, and have a decent season. If I could've grabbed him third round in any of my leagues, I would have. He was gone, as I think he should be.
Bottom Line: Okay #2 RB, Excellent #3 RB.
"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
-Benjamin Franklin
TTTBone
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 8)

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk