Chris Brown is a first round pick. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Chris Brown is a first round pick.

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby agchris02 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:10 pm

Does no one pay attention to how hard tennessee is trying to get T Henry? He's going to end up in Jacksonville or Tenn. Tenn wouuld NOT BE DOING THAT if they had full faith in brown. Brown is always getting hurt -- yes he's good when he performs, but you can almost guarentee he misses half the season. If he only misses 25% of the season, mathmatically that puts him at the end of the 5th round. Taking him before round 4, over the likes of S Jackson, L Jordan, or reaching for a breakout like Arrington, Brown or taking a top WR or T Gonzalez is idiotic.
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby moochman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:25 am

awwchrist wrote:If games were only played till halftime I'd draft Chris Brown.

If they could guarantee he'd play every game at least til halftime, I draft him!

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby benm3218 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:24 am

agchris02 wrote:Does no one pay attention to how hard tennessee is trying to get T Henry? He's going to end up in Jacksonville or Tenn. Tenn wouuld NOT BE DOING THAT if they had full faith in brown. Brown is always getting hurt -- yes he's good when he performs, but you can almost guarentee he misses half the season. If he only misses 25% of the season, mathmatically that puts him at the end of the 5th round. Taking him before round 4, over the likes of S Jackson, L Jordan, or reaching for a breakout like Arrington, Brown or taking a top WR or T Gonzalez is idiotic.

What? Were you typing that from the locker room of the Titan's workout facility? Are you Jeff Fisher just trying to give us some info? Where do you get your inside sources? I live in Nashville, and they are not trying hard to get Henry.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:41 pm

benm3218 wrote:
agchris02 wrote:Does no one pay attention to how hard tennessee is trying to get T Henry? He's going to end up in Jacksonville or Tenn. Tenn wouuld NOT BE DOING THAT if they had full faith in brown. Brown is always getting hurt -- yes he's good when he performs, but you can almost guarentee he misses half the season. If he only misses 25% of the season, mathmatically that puts him at the end of the 5th round. Taking him before round 4, over the likes of S Jackson, L Jordan, or reaching for a breakout like Arrington, Brown or taking a top WR or T Gonzalez is idiotic.

What? Were you typing that from the locker room of the Titan's workout facility? Are you Jeff Fisher just trying to give us some info? Where do you get your inside sources? I live in Nashville, and they are not trying hard to get Henry.

well it looks like they are offering a 3rd rd pick for him now....(source is in the Henry to Jax thread)

btw, am I losing my mind or has the title of this thread changed?

C. Brown is NO first rd pick btw
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:44 pm

Chris Brown is going to be a huge steal if he's healthy. He's going in the 3rd through 5th rounds from what I've seen. He has the ability to put of 1st round numbers.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby benm3218 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:00 pm

Yes, I shamelessly cganged the name of this thread 3 times as days went by. I was trying to keep it a topic of discussion..... I now feel lame for doing that.

Sadly, I read the same report that Titans may get Travis Henry, so I now have to apologize to agchris02.

I have to say as a fantasy player I really really hope that Henry doesnt come to Titan's......(HUGE sigh) But, as a Titan's fan it would be great.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:25 am

The trouble with changing the title is that posts were made based on the premise set up by the title. If I saw CB is a 1st round round pick I probably wouldn't have bothered. I'd have to figure it is either extreme homerism or dood is in a 40 team league.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:00 pm

Heh heh, think Chris Brown is even a 7th round pick now?

See: Henry to Titans thread.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby koffeeboy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:01 pm

Must we add a "hahaha" to every Chris Brown thread???
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:03 pm

Yup.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)