CBS Sportsline vs. Fanball - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

CBS Sportsline vs. Fanball

Moderator: Football Moderators

CBS Sportsline vs. Fanball

Postby hula5280 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:09 pm

Which one would you recommend?

We have been paying for a league the last couple years. Yahoo and ESPN. Looking for something a little bit better. We don't mind paying for services such as live scoring and we want the ability to customize points.

Fanball looks pretty good for quite a reasonable price. NFL.com has a free league this year as well but is it any different from CBS Sportsline as it is powered by it? What do you sacrifice for it being free?

Thoughts?
hula5280
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby GreatestShowOnEarth » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:20 pm

try the aol league manager fully customizable with live stats and live draft. Just saw it today and really am liking it. It has the same interface as fanball but it is free.
GreatestShowOnEarth
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:28 pm

My choice of the 2 would be Fanball. Just as much available (ie live scoring, divisions, custom points) but less than half the price.

Also check out the MSN/FOX free site. It has live scoring, custom points, divisions.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Tiki » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:30 pm

I just made a league on AOL and Fanball. And they are the same thing just AOL is free! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BeefSandwiches » Tue Jul 12, 2005 2:31 pm

The service is pretty much a toss IMO - I play in leagues on each site and I am very happy with the interface though at least once or twice in the early weeks, Fanball live Scoring will go down but they are pretty good about remediating any problems.

Price give Fanball the overall edge, so if I had to choose between the two I'll take Fanball.
BeefSandwiches
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk