QB Challenge. - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

QB Challenge.

Moderator: Football Moderators

QB Challenge.

Postby Guttpuppy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:14 pm

Seahawks.com reports the EA Sports Quarterback Challenge, filmed earlier in the offseason, will air on CBS sports as two, one-hour specials beginning Saturday, July 16, from 2-3 p.m. PST and Sunday, July 17, from 11-12 p.m. PST. Rich Eisen of NFL Network teams with CBS Sports' Boomer Esiason and Bonnie Bernstein as broadcasters of the event. As previously reported, Seattle Seahawks QB Matt Hasselbeck, Pittsburgh Steelers QB Ben Roethlisberger, San Diego Chargers QB Drew Brees, Carolina Panthers QB Jake Delhomme, Jacksonville Jaguars QB Byron Leftwich, Detroit Lions QB Joey Harrington and Cincinnati Bengals QB Carson Palmer will all be featured in the competition.
Guttpuppy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:25 pm

Nobody cares about the QB challenge. It means nothing.-Joey Harrington. (last place finisher, I believe) :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby Mercer Boy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:42 pm

I love QB Challenge! ;-D In fact, I even have the SNES QB Challenge game! :-b Young and Cunningham are good, but here's the secret - for some reason Bubby Brister is the best QB in the game. I think the programmer was an Eagles fan and gave Bubby some superhuman football stats to make him good. I loved suckering people into playing against me as Brister. }:-)

The problem is that it's sort of like the HR Derby...it was cool in the older days when there were guys you really wanted to see (Sosa, McGwire compared to Young, Elway, Marino, etc). But, the QB's in the league really don't appeal to me in the same way those guys did. It gets a little tired because of it. :-/
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:45 pm

qb challenge is da bomb. ;-D
the lack of big names in this challenge is not. :-t
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby 9er Fan » Tue Jul 12, 2005 6:48 pm

Quite the star-studded lineup. Tune in to find out which 2nd tier QB will rise to the top. ;-)

Of course, I'll probably watch it anyway...
9er Fan
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby koffeeboy » Tue Jul 12, 2005 7:09 pm

:-t :-t :-t

But I will probably waste away in the recliner with it on the tube and a beer in hand as well.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Football Talk