Sean Taylor rejects plea deal - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Sean Taylor rejects plea deal

Moderator: Football Moderators

Biggest Bonehead

Randy McMichael
36%
Sean Taylor
32%
Ron Mexico
16%
Fred Lane
16%

Total votes : 25

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 12:59 pm

oops - guess Im a day late on that news. Today's news has said Taylor's friend will not take the plea bargain and wont testify against Taylor.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Tyr » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:17 pm

I wouldn't testify against a multi-millionaire famous friend with a cop for a father, either.

That'd just be asking for a rough couple of years.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby mnheadliner » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:47 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:How does this make Taylor a bonehead exactly? Would you accept 3 years in prison? As for the incident itself, compare it to the likes of Ray Lewis, Leonard Little or Randy McMichael. Not such a big deal if you ask me.

Taylor is a bonehead for doing something that caused him to get charged with felony assault. That - by definition - is boneheaded.

OK ya maybe I should have phrased that differently. It was a stupid thing to do, but Im sorry, waving a gun around does not deserve 16 years in jail. I dont even think it deserves 3.

Taylor is not a bonehead for turning down the plea bargain. He doesn't want to serve ANY time in prison, so, it was a good move. No one in their right mind with his ability to hire a top-notch lawyer would accept that deal.

However, I am a bit taken aback by your comment that waving a gun around in the air in public is not deserving of three years. What should it be deserving of? 6 Months? Well, if so, there will be a lot more gun waving :-t going on.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:49 pm

His "Boneheadeness" is more because of what he did and not because he rejected the deal...

He will walk away from this like every other athlete, sans Big Rae.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:54 pm

I feel sorry for the first athlete that "gets made an example of." It will happen one of these days. Some guy is going to screw up, and he will be prosecuted harshly because everyone else got off.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:01 pm

He either thinks he can get off or he's a dumbass.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby davidmarver » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:33 am

portisfan24 wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
portisfan24 wrote:How does this make Taylor a bonehead exactly? Would you accept 3 years in prison? As for the incident itself, compare it to the likes of Ray Lewis, Leonard Little or Randy McMichael. Not such a big deal if you ask me.

Taylor is a bonehead for doing something that caused him to get charged with felony assault. That - by definition - is boneheaded.

OK ya maybe I should have phrased that differently. It was a stupid thing to do, but Im sorry, waving a gun around does not deserve 16 years in jail. I dont even think it deserves 3.

As someone who has had a gun pointed directly at my head, I can't tell you how much a response like yours angers me. Whether or not Taylor pointed the gun, the message is still the same; I can kill you. For the years of nightmares and terrible flashbacks I'm sure his victim will suffer, Taylor deserves much more than three years in prison.
davidmarver
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:53 am

While I dont know that the other guy will be traumatized for life from this incident, I just think it would be irresponsible of our justice system to let people make threats with a lethal weapon like a gun, and give light sentences. They should charge them as if anyone who threatens to use a gun isn't bluffing.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:17 am

What exactly did Taylor do and what was his reasoning again?
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Previous

Return to Football Talk