Julius Jones IS Michael Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones IS Michael Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 13, 2005 2:53 pm

Mewelde Moore will be starting by week 6.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:09 pm

I think JJ is going to be a suckers pick this year, but he is certainly a better pick than Bennett. It comes as no surprise that the one making this comparison is Bennett4Prez.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: Julius Jones IS Michael Bennett

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:19 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:Alright, get ready for cold, hard statistics. It annoys me that Julius Jones is considered Top 5 by some while Michael Bennett is looked upon as a Top 25 by all. Both systems will provide run-heavy offenses, but Minnesota should score more due to their better passing game. Both running backs will have to share time with a goal-line vulture (Jones & A-Train, Bennett & Moe). Both have young backups that should press for time (Mewelde and Barber III), but while Parcells has said, on the record, that he likes Barber, Tice has said that he wants to go into as much of a single-running back system as possible. Minnesota, when healthy, has a better offensive line. The biggest question mark surrounding both players, however, is injury concerns. This one factor drops Bennett into the 9th round at times but keep JJ in the 2nd, at worst.

I'm not trying to say that Michael Bennett should be looked upon as a Top 5 running back, but their systems are far too similar for such a dissonence in their respective rankings. So, is there a statistic that I overlooked or is one of these two running backs unjustified in their common ranking?

um, Im still waiting for those COLD,HARD STATISTICS.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby chaindog35 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 3:55 pm

tick tock, tick tock
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:09 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I think JJ is going to be a suckers pick this year, but he is certainly a better pick than Bennett. It comes as no surprise that the one making this comparison is Bennett4Prez.

Yep, my thoughts exactly. Kevan Barlow of last year anyone?? Started 4 games. 1000 yard season. Some huge games. Julius Jones... only played 8 games, 800 yards. some huge games. Both Bad teams coming into the season. Both new qbs. Both teams with good TEs as main receiving threat. (Eric Johnson was a surprise, but no matter) Both bad O-lines (dallas is a little better than SF of last year obviously). If Dallas gets some injuries on D as SF did I think JJ could bust majorly gonna be all passing once they get behind... Even if he plays and doesn't get injured.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby ygdrasil54 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:16 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Yeah I wouldn't burn a 3rd or 4th round pick on either of these guys. maybe a 7th or 8th but I doubt JJ will be there. I've been burned by Bennet in the past, but not again. However just as i say that both these guys could potentially have monster seasons

You'll never get the chance to burn a 3rd or 4th rd pick on JJ, cuz he's going on average high in the 2nd round. No way he's a top five now (may well be NEXT year at this time though!). All hype, maybe, but the yards he put up after comming back from injury last season cannot be discounted. Yes, he failed to do well against top run D's BUT teams were stacking 8 in the box against him b/c of Dallas' depleted wr corp & Testeverde's weak arm.

O-line is improved this season w/addition of M. Rivera + he'll have the benefit of Dan Campbells blocking, which he didn't see last season except for spot duty at the beginning of the season.

Call me a homer, but this kids going to challenge for the rushing title this year w/approx. 1500 total yards. No comparison whatsoever to Bennett.
Nobody in the game of football should be called a genius. A genius is somebody like Norman Einstein. Joe Theisman

Besides pride, loyalty, discipline, heart, and mind, confidence is the key to all the locks. Joe Paterno
ygdrasil54 Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jul 13, 2005 4:38 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:Alright, get ready for cold, hard statistics.

Still waiting. There wasn't a single statistic in the post, just a bunch of speculation and hearsay.

Bennett4prez wrote:Both systems will provide run-heavy offenses, but Minnesota should score more due to their better passing game.

Since when will Minn provide a run-heavy offense? Pure speculation at best, meanwhile Parcells has spent 10 years running a run-heavy offense. Not even comparable.

Bennett4prez wrote:Both running backs will have to share time with a goal-line vulture (Jones & A-Train, Bennett & Moe).

Wrong. Bennett will have to share with Moe, we know that because Moe has been a goalline back for four years. On the other end, you only SPECULATE that A-train will get goalline carries, mainly due to the fact that Parcells kinda sorta maybe hinted at it on a tangent while in the next sentence saying that A-train would have to contribute on special teams to even make the team. Similarly, JJ has the power (and has shown this -- 5 TDs from inside the 10 last year and a ypc inside the 10 rivaling the leagues best, coming in ahead of guys like LT and just under guys like Alexander) to run at the goalline, Bennett does not (3 TDs from inside the 10 in his CAREER and a ypc just over 1).

Not even comparable.

Bennett4prez wrote:Both have young backups that should press for time (Mewelde and Barber III)

Both are backups and only around for injuries to the starters, not really worth going into.

Bennett4prez wrote:Tice has said that he wants to go into as much of a single-running back system as possible.

Hahahahahahhaha. And you believe him? This is what, the 40th time he's said this? You still waiting on Onterrio to get his 100 yard games on those 3 carries he likes to give him after saying that?

Bennett came back from injury last year and still split time with everyone and their mom.

Meanwhile, Parcells has 10 years of history of using a single-back system.

Not even comparable.

Bennett4prez wrote:statistic that I overlooked or is one of these two running backs unjustified in their common ranking?

What statistic DID you look at? I don't see one.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Guru13 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 5:29 pm

Do we have to go through this again?JJ may giving up some goalline carries, A-Train still has to earn that spot, accordingly, he will be playin alot of special teams before that happens.
Guru13
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 6:58 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Bennett4prez wrote:Alright, get ready for cold, hard statistics.

Still waiting. There wasn't a single statistic in the post, just a bunch of speculation and hearsay.

Bennett4prez wrote:Both systems will provide run-heavy offenses, but Minnesota should score more due to their better passing game.

Since when will Minn provide a run-heavy offense? Pure speculation at best, meanwhile Parcells has spent 10 years running a run-heavy offense. Not even comparable.

Bennett4prez wrote:Both running backs will have to share time with a goal-line vulture (Jones & A-Train, Bennett & Moe).

Wrong. Bennett will have to share with Moe, we know that because Moe has been a goalline back for four years. On the other end, you only SPECULATE that A-train will get goalline carries, mainly due to the fact that Parcells kinda sorta maybe hinted at it on a tangent while in the next sentence saying that A-train would have to contribute on special teams to even make the team. Similarly, JJ has the power (and has shown this -- 5 TDs from inside the 10 last year and a ypc inside the 10 rivaling the leagues best, coming in ahead of guys like LT and just under guys like Alexander) to run at the goalline, Bennett does not (3 TDs from inside the 10 in his CAREER and a ypc just over 1).

Not even comparable.

Bennett4prez wrote:Both have young backups that should press for time (Mewelde and Barber III)

Both are backups and only around for injuries to the starters, not really worth going into.

Bennett4prez wrote:Tice has said that he wants to go into as much of a single-running back system as possible.

Hahahahahahhaha. And you believe him? This is what, the 40th time he's said this? You still waiting on Onterrio to get his 100 yard games on those 3 carries he likes to give him after saying that?

Bennett came back from injury last year and still split time with everyone and their mom.

Meanwhile, Parcells has 10 years of history of using a single-back system.

Not even comparable.

Bennett4prez wrote:statistic that I overlooked or is one of these two running backs unjustified in their common ranking?

What statistic DID you look at? I don't see one.

although i hate Oliver, this is a great post. bennett this was just bad. moe williams, end of story.
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toofunny » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:23 pm

Redskins Win wrote:Yeah I wouldn't burn a 3rd or 4th round pick on either of these guys. maybe a 7th or 8th but I doubt JJ will be there. I've been burned by Bennet in the past, but not again. However just as i say that both these guys could potentially have monster seasons

Did you even watch the last 8 games of the season last year? Dallas has a solid O line, JJ was running wild, and Bill likes to run. What exactly is going to change from last year?

8 games, averaging 100 yds a game, and 7 TDs.

He put up better numbers then McGahee. Yeah he was hurt. LT was hurt last year too. That doesn't seem to be hurting his 1st overall ranking. People have McGahee in the 1st round, not one mentions his knee was plastered over some guys helmet and he sat out a year.

Wouldn't burn a 3rd-4th round pick on JJ? I wanna play in your league. Sounds like I could get McGahee and JJ in the 3rd and 4th round. Sweet!

And Bennett was never that good. He had 6 TDs in 02? That made you go draft him? In 16 games he had 6 TDs. WOWOWOOWOWOOW. JJ had 7 TDS, 800+ yds in 8 games, but he's in the same boat, and not worth a 4th round pick. Never mind he's 24 years old.

You have no idea what you're talking about.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk