Julius Jones IS Michael Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones IS Michael Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby The Miner Part 2 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:33 pm

toofunny wrote:8 games, averaging 100 yds a game, and 7 TDs.

holy crap he was averging 7 td's a game?! 8-o

...i kid, i kid. :*)
The Miner Part 2
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby CC » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:44 pm

FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Do we have to go through this again?JJ may giving up some goalline carries, A-Train still has to earn that spot, accordingly, he will be playin alot of special teams before that happens.

Any proof for that? Or did you just make up that he will be playing special teams?
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Pete123444 » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:51 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:
FantasyFutballGuru13 wrote:Do we have to go through this again?JJ may giving up some goalline carries, A-Train still has to earn that spot, accordingly, he will be playin alot of special teams before that happens.

Any proof for that? Or did you just make up that he will be playing special teams?

I have heard the same thing. His spot on the roster isn't garaunteed and he may have to play on special teams to make the roster. I don't have a link for that ,it's been several weeks. But with Parcells, that is what he says about every veteran every year, so this might have been a quote taken out of context by a reporter.They wouldn't do that , would they?
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby CC » Wed Jul 13, 2005 8:55 pm

I don't think A-Train would be a great special teams player, he's hasn't played special teams much, if at all, since he got into the league and he doesn't exactly have burners.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:37 pm

Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I don't think A-Train would be a great special teams player, he's hasn't played special teams much, if at all, since he got into the league and he doesn't exactly have burners.

In the same article that Parcells kind of second-handidly alluded that Atrain might maybe get SOME short yardage/goalline carries, in the next sentence he mentioned that Atrain wouldn't make the team strictly as a RB, and would have to contribute on special teams (and hence was playing KR in practice) to make the team. I don't think they're planning on him being a significant role in the running game if that role isn't even enough for him to simply make the team in and of itself.

I'm on my way out or I'd dig up the article, I believe Vhawk posted it in page 2 or 3 of the other JJ thread going on right now.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby awwchrist » Wed Jul 13, 2005 9:51 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:Alright, get ready for cold, hard statistics. It annoys me that Julius Jones is considered Top 5

I stopped reading right there.
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby daullaz » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:06 pm

Free Bagel wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I don't think A-Train would be a great special teams player, he's hasn't played special teams much, if at all, since he got into the league and he doesn't exactly have burners.

In the same article that Parcells kind of second-handidly alluded that Atrain might maybe get SOME short yardage/goalline carries, in the next sentence he mentioned that Atrain wouldn't make the team strictly as a RB, and would have to contribute on special teams (and hence was playing KR in practice) to make the team. I don't think they're planning on him being a significant role in the running game if that role isn't even enough for him to simply make the team in and of itself.

I'm on my way out or I'd dig up the article, I believe Vhawk posted it in page 2 or 3 of the other JJ thread going on right now.

The last update (sorry, I don't have the link, but I think it was posted here in the Barber thread) I saw had Parcells being in love with Marion Barber III, so much so that he could emerge as the primary backup, leaving Thomas in doubt to even make the team. Is this some crazy idea I just got in my head, or does anyone else recall this as well?
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 38)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Azrael » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:14 pm

awwchrist wrote:
Bennett4prez wrote:Alright, get ready for cold, hard statistics. It annoys me that Julius Jones is considered Top 5

I stopped reading right there.

I'm not planning on drafting either guy. I just wanted to see if aww chimed in. :-)
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Wed Jul 13, 2005 10:22 pm

Yeah guys, Atrain is really in danger of getting cut. Ive heard Parcells wants to start the yr with only Julie, Lousaka Polite, Woodrow Dantzler, Erik Bickerstaff, Darian Barnes and Marion Barber. He's making sure he has no veteran RB on his team to prove how great a coach he is. He'd rather cut the proven veteran because he likes the challenge and excitement of having 5 backups who combined dont have 100 careeer rushing yds. ;-7

or...
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby toofunny » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:50 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Yeah guys, Atrain is really in danger of getting cut. Ive heard Parcells wants to start the yr with only Julie, Lousaka Polite, Woodrow Dantzler, Erik Bickerstaff, Darian Barnes and Marion Barber. He's making sure he has no veteran RB on his team to prove how great a coach he is. He'd rather cut the proven veteran because he likes the challenge and excitement of having 5 backups who combined dont have 100 careeer rushing yds. ;-7

or...

Atrain is probably the least parcell RB you could get in the NFL. He's soft as hell. JJ is going to be run into the ground, period. If the gay-train gets a few carries here and there, good for him.

But there is no way in hell gay-train will get the rock with the game on the line. Parcells loves JJ, drafted him over a number of highly regarded RBs and JJ was a beast the last 8 games.

That's like saying Ron Dayne is going to steal all the RZ carries. Err...wrong. Denver has 40 RBs ont he roster. Teams have extra RBs. gay-train will give JJ a blow off and on, beyond that he's not going to steal production. He's a washed up soft back.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk