Julius Jones IS Michael Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Julius Jones IS Michael Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 14, 2005 2:47 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:Courtesy of DallasCowboys.com, in the same interview with Parcells you quoted above about the goalline stuff, in fact it was the next sentence out of his mouth:

"But that's not going to be enough. He's going to have to venture out into the special teams area, which is something he's not been asked to do in his past career much. So if he can't get into doing something on special teams, then there won't be enough jobs for him."

FB - what do you believe?

Do you believe ATrain could possibly be cut?

The concept is just laughable to me given the rest of the RBs on that team.

I already answered this.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:35 pm

IMO JJ is getting overhyped this year which is really ruining his draft value. I doubt if he'll make it through the 1st round in my main league. Yes he could have a very nice year, but he could also wind up being a very big bust.

On the other side of that, Bennett is definitely a damn FF leper right now. Which means as much as I hate it, I may have to pick him up as a #4 or #5 RB just as a value draft. I will fight tooth & nail to stay out of the MIN RB situation, but that's life.

So I will agree that JJ is ranked a little high, Bennett a little low. However they come nowhere near to meeting in the middle.
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Juhlz » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:20 am

toofunny wrote:
Redskins Win wrote:Yeah I wouldn't burn a 3rd or 4th round pick on either of these guys. maybe a 7th or 8th but I doubt JJ will be there. I've been burned by Bennet in the past, but not again. However just as i say that both these guys could potentially have monster seasons

Did you even watch the last 8 games of the season last year? Dallas has a solid O line, JJ was running wild, and Bill likes to run. What exactly is going to change from last year?

8 games, averaging 100 yds a game, and 7 TDs.

He put up better numbers then McGahee. Yeah he was hurt. LT was hurt last year too. That doesn't seem to be hurting his 1st overall ranking. People have McGahee in the 1st round, not one mentions his knee was plastered over some guys helmet and he sat out a year.

Wouldn't burn a 3rd-4th round pick on JJ? I wanna play in your league. Sounds like I could get McGahee and JJ in the 3rd and 4th round. Sweet!

And Bennett was never that good. He had 6 TDs in 02? That made you go draft him? In 16 games he had 6 TDs. WOWOWOOWOWOOW. JJ had 7 TDS, 800+ yds in 8 games, but he's in the same boat, and not worth a 4th round pick. Never mind he's 24 years old.

You have no idea what you're talking about.

exactly..I have a hard time understanding how anyone could be down on Julius if they saw him play last season. Numbers don't lie and that's exactly what you get with JJ - a half season = this avg.: 100 and 1 TD per game. REALISTICALLY this could translate into 1400 and 13 if he's BELOW avg. Now tell me Bennett will have a chance at hese numbers if you add all the rest of his career together?

Let me add that Dallas plays 10 teams with losing records from last year.
"Gunga la gunga...which means on your deathbed you will receive full consciousness, so I got that going for me." Bill
Juhlz
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk