Reciever Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Reciever Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby terpfan » Wed Jul 13, 2005 11:13 pm

loosechange75 wrote:i would like boldin to be up higher like where andre is but overall i like them ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

For a guy coming back from an injury with major competition from Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner at Qb that seems too high to me.

I like the new rankings by the way. ;-D
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 14, 2005 12:20 am

Very solid rankings. I don't think Williamson is too low. The guy is still behind a lot of bodies there and has a lot of work to do before he's going to make a serious impact.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby toofunny » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:36 am

terpfan wrote:
loosechange75 wrote:i would like boldin to be up higher like where andre is but overall i like them ;-D ;-D ;-D ;-D

For a guy coming back from an injury with major competition from Fitzgerald and Kurt Warner at Qb that seems too high to me.

I like the new rankings by the way. ;-D

errr... Boldin was a top 5 WR the last 8 games. Close to 49 catches over 8 games. That's coming off an injury and no QB. He had a stud rookie year. The fact he's not even in the top 10 is insane.

Boldin >>>>>> A. Johnson / D Jax / N. Burleson / L. Coles / D. Driver

Boldin had 1377 yards and 8 TDs and 101 catches.

Then in the final 8 games of 04 coming off injury, dude has 49 catches. Last 4 games 23 catches 295 yards with NO QB.

I have no clue why people have soured on Boldin. Cause he got hurt?

Fitz had 59 recptions and 780 yards in his rookie year? Ehhh. Yeah half the production of Boldin. Great year. Boldin is the #1, BY FAR. I mean coles and burelson? Driver has never had a season as good as Boldins ROOKIE season.

Anyway, decent list except the insane snub on Boldin.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby tanner » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:47 am

Chambers & Moose Muhammad are WAY too low...
Bennett shouldn't be anywhere near the top 25 - he's the biggest bust in fantasy football this year.
Andre Johnson is a tad too high, you're hoping Carr matures and develops into a top 10 qb, and I just don't think it's happening..there is no WR opposite AJ to keep defenses honest, so he's still going to face triple coverage..
Darrell Jackson is too low he should be around #6, he'll be a fantasy stud this year because he's the only good WR in Seattle.
Steve Smith is an optimistic pick at #12, for a guy that had only 1 good year since turning pro its a little risky to have him so high..
What is Fitz doing ALL THE WAY down at #23?!?! he had a great rookie year in 2004 and now has a solid running game with Arrington..
Jimmy Smith should be top 15..he's going to have another 80-1110-7 year..
Where is Randle-El?? he's going to be a top 20 guy this year..

If Bruce is so low, then why isn't Kevin Curtis on that list?
No mention of David Terell?? he's only reunited with his college QB, Tom Brady..he could surprise alot of people in NE this year..
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:12 am

IMO, Wayne below Clayton, D-Jax, and Ward is too low.... We are in the midst of a changing of the guard in Indy, and Manning is just now peaking.... Wayne should be good for 1300 and 12 pretty easily this year.... I'm not sure Clayton or D-Jax can match those numbers... They seem more like 1200 and 8 kind of guys to me.... Ward will likely be better than he was last year, but with Roethlisberger at QB, and the lack of a really good #2 WR to prevent double teams, I don't think he'll improve all the way back up to his glory day numbers....

Reggie Wayne should be at least as good as last year, if not better, in 2005....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:14 am

tanner wrote:Andre Johnson is a tad too high, you're hoping Carr matures and develops into a top 10 qb, and I just don't think it's happening..there is no WR opposite AJ to keep defenses honest, so he's still going to face triple coverage..

Darrell Jackson is too low he should be around #6, he'll be a fantasy stud this year because he's the only good WR in Seattle.

How does that work? Andre Johnson sould be bumped down because he's the only good WR in Houston, but Darrell Jackson should be bumped up for the very same reason?

Huh?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:30 am

peerless price shouldnt be on there, in all likelyhood he'll lose his job to jenkins
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:09 pm

Plindsey88 wrote:
tanner wrote:Andre Johnson is a tad too high, you're hoping Carr matures and develops into a top 10 qb, and I just don't think it's happening..there is no WR opposite AJ to keep defenses honest, so he's still going to face triple coverage..

How does that work? Andre Johnson sould be bumped down because he's the only good WR in Houston, but Darrell Jackson should be bumped up for the very same reason?

Huh?

haha yeah.

This thinking has been all over the cafe lately. People just making things up to fit their argument, most likely b/c they have the player that it helps out and skipped on the player that their argument goes against
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk