Collinsworth to leave FOX for NBC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Collinsworth to leave FOX for NBC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Collinsworth to leave FOX for NBC

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:00 am

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/8642286

I kinda like what he brings to the table. He should make an easy transition to the Peacock Network.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Manja » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:12 am

I guess no more A-Team with Collinsworth, Aikman, and Buck. I liked them... Well.. Maybe not Buck.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Thu Jul 14, 2005 1:30 am

I like Cris (even if he does spell his name funny, lol). I liked him as a player too - I remember when he was drafted, the Bungles picked him in the second round - they picked another WR in the first round who turned out to be a dud compared to Cris - there's a good trivia question - anyone remember who the WR was they picked in the 1st round (I don't).
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby MadScott » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:03 am

Collinswortrh/Costa is a nice 1-2 punch for NBC. They've got nice chemistry on HBO. Good move. Rather bushleague on FOX's part though to break of Collinsworth.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby brewmaniac » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:50 am

Personally I wish Cris would just go away for good, I can't stand him. He thinks he's Mr. Football and is master of the obvious.

I also hate when he hypes up a player when the player makes a good play, however totally bashes them when they make a bad play. Their an awesome player one quarter, next quarter they suck. And i hate his "I told ya so" attitude.

CC is not nearly as annoying as Paul Maguirre though.
brewmaniac
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby VaderFin » Thu Jul 14, 2005 7:58 am

Buck and Aikman are going to be a 2 man booth now. Can't stand either of them. :-t
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Steelers Rule » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:22 am

collinsworth is a good announcer ;-D
Steelers Rule
General Manager
General Manager

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:26 am

Collinsworth? More like Collinsworthless! Hahahaha....ha....oh man...that joke has been used way too much.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:37 am

brewmaniac wrote:Personally I wish Cris would just go away for good, I can't stand him. He thinks he's Mr. Football and is master of the obvious.

I also hate when he hypes up a player when the player makes a good play, however totally bashes them when they make a bad play. Their an awesome player one quarter, next quarter they suck. And i hate his "I told ya so" attitude.

I am so with you on this one. I can't stand that arrogant, pompous ass. Guy thinks he's God's gift to football. Nice call Brew. ;-D
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 14, 2005 11:32 am

Sixxgunn wrote:
brewmaniac wrote:Personally I wish Cris would just go away for good, I can't stand him. He thinks he's Mr. Football and is master of the obvious.

I am so with you on this one. I can't stand that arrogant, pompous ass. Guy thinks he's God's gift to football. Nice call Brew. ;-D

You have a point there. But at least he is not so intent on glossing the player that he doesn't point out when the screw up. He's tolerable, which isn't saying much given the competition.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk