roddy white, a huge sleeper - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

roddy white, a huge sleeper

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby maddog60 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 4:43 pm

Well, thanks for the update. If I am feeling lucky or just have to draft very deep, enough so that I'd take an Atlanta WR, I know not to gamble on Jenkins instead of Roddy.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Thu Jul 14, 2005 6:38 pm

chaindog35 wrote:Roddy White is a nice deep sleeper, but calling him a sure or even likely top 2-3 wr is a stretch in my opinion. But V4M and i have already discussed this in the other roddy white thread

i said likely top 2-3 rookie wr, theres no way hes a top 2-3 wr in the league

i dont know how you can judge vick based on his stats with the wr's he has had, or say that roddy white will suffer because peerless price, finneran, and dez white didnt produce.

and if you actually watch the games, most of crumplers yards do not come from dumpoffs, in fact very few of them do
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chaindog35 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 8:48 pm

sorry V4M, didn't mean to misquote you, i meant top 2-3 rook wr. i edited the other post. And i think you have to judge Vick on what he has done and there is no proof that white and jenkins are better than price and finneran. I like roddy white, and on any other team i think he might be a bigger sleeper, but just not on the Falcons.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:04 pm

VaderFin wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I'm going to put very little stock in any Falcon WR for as long as they have a RB playing QB for them.

Look no further than Alge Crumpler to realize that Vick can turn his pass catching options into viable fantasy players. Peerless Price and Dez White are Chicago Bear's caliber WRs...

Crumpler is a TE and a dump off option most of the time. The Falcon RB can see a dump off guy while running around but can't seem to look downfield very well. :-b

Dumpoff TE options rarely average over 16 yards per catch...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby steelerfan04 » Thu Jul 14, 2005 9:09 pm

maddog60 wrote:Well, thanks for the update. If I am feeling lucky or just have to draft very deep, enough so that I'd take an Atlanta WR, I know not to gamble on Jenkins instead of Roddy.

Speaking of Jenkins, what role is he gonna play in the offense this year? Any chance he will see significant playing time?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby Vick 4 Mayor » Thu Jul 14, 2005 10:25 pm

steelerfan04 wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Well, thanks for the update. If I am feeling lucky or just have to draft very deep, enough so that I'd take an Atlanta WR, I know not to gamble on Jenkins instead of Roddy.

Speaking of Jenkins, what role is he gonna play in the offense this year? Any chance he will see significant playing time?

he's battling peerless price for the other starting wr position and is expected to win the job. i don't see him putting up as big of numbers as roddy white though, assuming he starts from day 1, as white is a huge deep ball threat while jenkins isn't.
Vick 4 Mayor
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:35 am

No S. White or R. White listed on Yahoo yet so he'll be a REAL deep sleeper in any Yahoo leagues...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby GMoney » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:10 am

its not like this guy is some unkown... he was a 1st round offensive draft choice... he should be in yahoo, if not he will be soon.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:16 am

steelerfan04 wrote:

He'll be the #1 WR in ATL this year.... The only thing keeping him from being a very good fantasy WR is the fact that the Birds are playing a RB at QB.....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:28 am

Kensat30 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:
VaderFin wrote:I'm going to put very little stock in any Falcon WR for as long as they have a RB playing QB for them.

Look no further than Alge Crumpler to realize that Vick can turn his pass catching options into viable fantasy players. Peerless Price and Dez White are Chicago Bear's caliber WRs...

Crumpler is a TE and a dump off option most of the time. The Falcon RB can see a dump off guy while running around but can't seem to look downfield very well. :-b

Dumpoff TE options rarely average over 16 yards per catch...

Well, after you RB has run around for 5 minutes you tend to get a little farther downfield.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk