Thoughts on Braylon Edwards - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Braylon Edwards

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:17 am

Tough call with Braylon.

I originally thought he may see a Boldin type effect - poor team that has to play from behind with only one downfield target. However, I dont see that as much anymore. Cle actually does have a couple other WR options, and although CLE will be playing from behind, their schedule suggests they will still be in close games for the most part - therefore the running game will still be a factor for the most part.

As for rookie WRs - I kinda feel sorry for you guys who think Williamson will have the better career than Edwards and are drating him ahead of some other WRs in dynasty leagues - but then again thats coming from someone who truly believes Williamson will go down as the bust of the draft (although Pacman is certainly making his own case for that award).

Rookie WRs for redraft:
Braylon
Williams
Clayton

Rookie WRs for Keeper:
Williams
Braylon
Clayton

Notice how Williamson isnt listed in either.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Ripcord » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:56 am

Just drafted Edwards in my keeper league and trust me I have targeted him the entire time. I think that Edwards will have a 1000yrds 7 td year. I mean come on there were rumors that he could go 1st overall in the draft. Honestly i wouldn't have questioned San Fran if they did take him. He's a great talent and will be one of the most dominate wr's in the league. Think Chad Johnson but better.
"To get the full affects of it you really have to be in my seat"
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Flux » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:34 pm

I grabbed Braylon at 8.05 in my 12 team dynasty draft. Im happy with the pick and value as I see him becoming a VERY good WR in the NFL.

I also think people arent giving the Browns enough credit for this year, and yes that makes me sick saying as a CIN fan, but this team is going to be nothing like last year.

They have a new coach, a new system, a better o-line, got rid of their entire crappy DL, added a very good CB, new QB, etc. I think their record probably wont reflect how much they have improved as they have to play BAL, PIT, and CIN twice a year which is going to be tough. But I believe they will be in many mroe games this year. I also think that Dilfer is going to do a very acceptable job at QB this year. Sure he wont put up 30 TDs, but he is a smart veteran and will find ways to get people involved in the game. He knows Edwards is the future of the team, and he is going to make sure that he gets his fair share of touches.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 15, 2005 6:21 pm

I don't like Braylon in re-draft leagues. I'm not sure he's even draftable unless it's a 14 team league or deeper. The reason I say that is because I think Antonio Bryant is going to step up and be the main pass catcher in Cleveland.

Like Bryant himself stated, the only thing that has been holding him back is that he's had to go from system to system. When he first joined Dallas, it was Dave Campo. Then he had a year and a half of Parcells' system, and then he had a year under Butch Davis.

With Maurice Carthon being the OC in Cleveland, and with Romeo Crenell coming from essentially the same "school" as Belichick and Parcells, I think Bryant should learn the offense fairly quickly and be the main threat in the passing game.

I'm not saying Bryant will explode, I mean it is Cleveland and Trent DIlfer we're talking about here, but I think he has more catches than Braylon by a considerable margin.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Previous

Return to Football Talk