Priest is #2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest is #2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Priest is #2

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:40 am

I see in checking fantasysportscentral that they have Holmes now listed as the #2 RB after LT - Alexander slipping because of his holdout threat??? This rankings are based on the averaging of 10 different fantasy sites.
See: http://www.fantasysportscentral.com/foo ... et.asp?u=1
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jul 15, 2005 1:49 am

Damn, when I read this, I thought it was a post about Larry Johnson getting named starter! :-B

I see most mags placing Priest a bit higher than Shaun because of the holdout threats. I'm still believing that Shaun will play even though he's threatening.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:31 am

Priest is #2. He's a risk.reward player, but he has a higher reward at his position than any other player you can draft. Most RBs aren't a lock for 10 TDs when healthy. LT and Alezander are, hence why they're drafted highly. Priest is a lock for 20+ TDs if he stayed healthy, that's incredible value.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby MadScott » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:32 am

*note to self: clean out jockey shorts after reading thread title

maddog60 wrote:Priest is #2. He's a risk.reward player, but he has a higher reward at his position than any other player you can draft. Most RBs aren't a lock for 10 TDs when healthy. LT and Alezander are, hence why they're drafted highly. Priest is a lock for 20+ TDs if he stayed healthy, that's incredible value.

;-D Bingo. Couldn't have said it better. I don't know if there will be a bigger make or break player this year than Priest Holmes.

This ranking also tells me that that contract negotiations with SA are a bit more nasty than first thought. I don't know if he'll go for the full blown holdout but I also wouldn't be surprised to see a much more concerted effort to trade him if talks continue this way.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:37 am

MadScott wrote:*note to self: clean out jockey shorts after reading thread title

LOL :-)
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:45 am

Ill draft him #1 and gladly buy my insurance in the 6th/7th rd.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby koffeeboy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:19 am

If I am at # 2 in re-draft or keeper... I take SA at # 2.

Just my preference.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:42 am

Landing LJ is a must when drafting the Padre, but the production from the Chefs RB spot is worth it, IMO. Hard to take him at #2, but should he stay healthy he will put up #1 numbers. 1,500yds and 20+ TDs would shock on one.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:36 am

Id actually be suprised if they only got 20 TDs.

BTW mooch - Im glad to see Ive become so important to you to put me in your sig, but honestly, the majority of my opinions can be defended with statistics. :-b
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bellybrother » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:45 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Ill draft him #1 and gladly buy my insurance in the 6th/7th rd.

That is exactly as I see it. Some say the insurance pick in the 6th is too high a price to pay, I don't think it is for that kinda production. Because LJ will produce too if Priest falls.

That's 2 posts in a row that I agree with CB on........is the end of the world is nigh???? Or maybe we just disagree on Julius....yeah, that's probably it.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Next

Return to Football Talk