Priest is #2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Priest is #2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Azrael » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:53 am

maddog60 wrote:Priest is #2. He's a risk.reward player, but he has a higher reward at his position than any other player you can draft. Most RBs aren't a lock for 10 TDs when healthy. LT and Alezander are, hence why they're drafted highly. Priest is a lock for 20+ TDs if he stayed healthy, that's incredible value.

The only other guy who might rival Holmes risk/reward is Tatum Bell. While, if they both have their best performances Holmes probably outproduces Bell in both yardage and TDs by a good bit, Bell is a stone cold steal in the 3rd with the potential to put up 1,500yds and 15 scores or so.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bellybrother » Fri Jul 15, 2005 12:07 pm

Azrael wrote:
maddog60 wrote:Priest is #2. He's a risk.reward player, but he has a higher reward at his position than any other player you can draft. Most RBs aren't a lock for 10 TDs when healthy. LT and Alezander are, hence why they're drafted highly. Priest is a lock for 20+ TDs if he stayed healthy, that's incredible value.

The only other guy who might rival Holmes risk/reward is Tatum Bell. While, if they both have their best performances Holmes probably outproduces Bell in both yardage and TDs by a good bit, Bell is a stone cold steal in the 3rd with the potential to put up 1,500yds and 15 scores or so.

True, but in all the mocks I've done he hasn't dropped past the end of the 2nd.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:04 pm

MadScott wrote:*note to self: clean out jockey shorts after reading thread title

Lol, sorry man, I never even thought that people might construe that headline as meaning he was #2 in KC now but in retrospect I can see it - honest, I'm really not one of those guys who like to make misleading headlines for shock value!
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:58 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:BTW mooch - Im glad to see Ive become so important to you to put me in your sig, but honestly, the majority of my opinions can be defended with statistics. :-b

All apologies. Though you are always on my mind, what I was referring to was the food product cornbread itself. In the motor city it represents a soma-like food to the Lion followers, often known as slaves for their inability to ever see the bad in this team. The cornbread mysteriously alters the thought process of what I'm sure are ordinarily intelligent free thinking people. This helps explain why they've sold out games at a time when they have lost 10 or more games over that last 4 seasons.
I will remove the sig squibb at once.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby koffeeboy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:17 am

Azrael wrote:

Yeah but the difference between Holmes and Bell is that you would be gambling at # 2 overall to get Holmes... and you can get Bell is mid to late Rd 2 and sometimes even early Rd 3. So Bell is much less risk.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:28 am

koffeeboy wrote:
Azrael wrote:

Yeah but the difference between Holmes and Bell is that you would be gambling at # 2 overall to get Holmes... and you can get Bell is mid to late Rd 2 and sometimes even early Rd 3. So Bell is much less risk.

With much less potential reward...
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby koffeeboy » Sat Jul 16, 2005 10:36 am

Yeah but you are paying late 2/early 3 rd price.

Buy a Kia and dont expect a Lexus.
Buy a Lexus and get a Kia... you'd be p*ssed.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Previous

Return to Football Talk