Plummer cracks the top 10 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Plummer cracks the top 10

Moderator: Football Moderators

Plummer cracks the top 10

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:32 am

At fantasysportscentral, Plummer is now the #9 QB on their rankings, having vaulted from #11 in the past week - this is based on their averaging of the rankings from 10 fantasy sites -one site had him ranked #5, his lowest ranking was #14). Hmmm, not sure I'm ready to put him in the top 10 just yet.
See: LINK
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby maddog60 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:37 am

I actually have him ranked #8. Of course, last year in the dynasty league im in (my main league this year) he finished #5 in QBs. Since I expect Denver to play from behind more, and for Watts/Lelie to only get better, I expect a similar performance. I just couldn't justify reranking him 5 because I dont trust Plummer to be consistent.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby aussieboy » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:44 am

I think top 10 is perfectly fine. He was the #4 ranked QB last yr I think, off memory (I could be wrong).
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 15, 2005 2:56 am

aussieboy wrote:I think top 10 is perfectly fine. He was the #4 ranked QB last yr I think, off memory (I could be wrong).

On Yahoo he finished 8th in points last year, just barely edging out Brady by 6 pts for the season. Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, Favre, Brees, Delhomme, and Green finished ahead of him in that order.
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby lmcjaho » Fri Jul 15, 2005 3:07 am

stomperrob wrote:On Yahoo he finished 8th in points last year, just barely edging out Brady by 6 pts for the season. Manning, Culpepper, McNabb, Favre, Brees, Delhomme, and Green finished ahead of him in that order.

I haven't played with the Yahoo standard scoring at all but I am surprised that even with his missed time Bulger didn't end up somewhere in that top 8, he was solid for me all year last year...
lmcjaho
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby MadScott » Fri Jul 15, 2005 5:43 am

Was last year the exception or the rule with Plummer? That's my biggest concern with him. I did like the development that I saw in him last season, finally maturing a bit.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Heavyg25 » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:17 am

Didn't you mama ever tell you not to use Plummer and crack together in the same sentence?
Heavyg25
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 15, 2005 9:55 pm

MadScott wrote:Was last year the exception or the rule with Plummer? That's my biggest concern with him. I did like the development that I saw in him last season, finally maturing a bit.

He's never really had 2 good seasons back to back - he had 2 good seasons in Ari but both were followed by crappy seasons. Is he gonna repeat that tradition this year???
stomperrob

Jake Plummer

Postby kvnhbbrd » Fri Jul 15, 2005 10:49 pm

I currently have him ranked at #10 just before Drew Brees
Good luck and high scores
kvnhbbrd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Fri Jul 15, 2005 11:54 pm

I have him at 10 as well. If he could only cut down on mistakes and turnovers, he'd be a stud. I think Rod still has another good year left in him and Lelie is blossoming into a nice deep threat. Putzier should be more involved. I can see why he moved up in the rankings a bit.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk