Return to Football Talk

Plummer cracks the top 10

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby J2thez929 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:45 am

Shhhhhhh everyone! You are giving away my sleeper of the year 8-o :-D
J2thez929
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bagobonez » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:00 am

J2thez929 wrote:Shhhhhhh everyone! You are giving away my sleeper of the year 8-o :-D

I sure hope so. I took him over Brady and Brooks.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby deluxe_247 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:36 am

seems like i own him in almost every league im in. he is dropping super far in every draft, and i have no problem waiting for him. he is going to be a beast this year...and i really like the fact that people arent too big on him. ;-D

P.S...the length of that link is rediculously long !+)
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby agchris02 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 1:52 pm

Plummer was the num 4 cbs and 5 espn qb last year. Why the big change? HE HAD A TEAM. He will DEFINITELY be a top 10 qb, and potentially another top 5. If your team doesnt count interceptions, then he definitely is a top 5. He'll throw for 4000 yds again, td's depend on the recievers, but i expect a very similar situation to last year.
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:50 am

I'm perfectly happy skipping over the top qb's in the 1st handful of rounds, instead taking rb's, wr's and Gonzo if he drops to me at 3:11(which he has been doing in about 1/3 of the mocks I've done) and if Gonzo wasn't there I've tried the taking Balt DST in the 6th as has been debated in threads here earlier(I've always been happy with the backs and wr's I've gotten using the Gonzo or Balt DST strategy and then I wait til much later to take a te if Gonzo's gone and I take Balt...Gates worries me but I might take him too if Gonzo's gone) and then taking Plummer at the end of the 7th.
But the point is only twice has Plummer gone before the 7th in my drafts. It's been my experience that at least 2 of Plummer, Hasselbeck, Brooks, Palmer or Delhomme are available at 7 and 8. I have been waiting and taking 2 of them back to back at the turn of 7/8. A fella outta be able to make that work for him over this season I think.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby koffeeboy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 9:06 am

I have him ranked # 12 and wouldn't take him any higher.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Jimboozie » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:50 am

If I draft him I would get a good backup. He is too unreliable to play a full 16 games. For sure start him when he plays Oak and KC. 4 big games right there.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk