Good News for Chris Brown fans - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Good News for Chris Brown fans

Moderator: Football Moderators

Good News for Chris Brown fans

Postby tanner » Fri Jul 15, 2005 7:59 am

Jaguars close to landing Henry, 7/15
The Jacksonville Jaguars released a statement on Thursday indicating that the team expects to complete a trade for Buffalo Bills RB Travis Henry in "the next few days or a week." Source: Florida Times-Union.

Titans also signed 5th round pick Damien Nash yesterday..

I guess it's safe to move him up a few spots on your RB list now that there is no chance Travis Henry comes to Tennessee...
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Warpigs » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:05 am

So where does this leave Henry's value? How much of an RBBC will this be with Fred Taylor? Or, is Fred hurt more than we know and that means that Henry will be carrying most of the load??
Warpigs
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerCafe Spotter
(Past Year: 3)

Postby VaderFin » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:06 am

I can't decide if the Travis Henry or the Ty Law rumors to "insert team here" are more annoying. Until they sign or get traded I don't believe anything I am reading.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tanner » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:17 am

trade rumors are annoying, I know!
as for Fraud Taylor, his knee is worse than thought, and Taylor even backed that story up recently..there is much speculation he could be done for the year..

I don't see Jack Del Rio going to a RBBC in Jax...he's more of a 1 RB guy..he's also got little or no faith in any current Jax RB...you don't make a trade for a guy giving up a high pick for him if you
dont have questions about your starter OR your bench..

if this deal goes thru, it would put Travis Henry in the RB top 20 list..the team plans to throw more and spread defenses out..
Henry is a good receiver out of the backfield..

The post was manly for Chris Brown fans...at least Henry isn't going to Tenn, as it looks so far..that is a good sign that the team's got faith in Brown and is not actively persuing a backup RB at this time..the speculation was that Henry was going to Tenn., which wouldn't killed Browns value...
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Sixxgunn » Fri Jul 15, 2005 8:26 am

If...and I stress IF Henry goes to the Jags I think his value can be as high or higher than it has ever been. Most people are taking him as an afterthought and stashing him on their bench. If he starts in Jax, he could easily be a top 10-12 back this year. Chris Brown owners can breathe a sigh of relief if it happens as well, at least until they see the first hit he takes and wonder if he's going to stand up or not. !+)
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:54 am

tanner wrote:trade rumors are annoying, I know!
as for Fraud Taylor, his knee is worse than thought, and Taylor even backed that story up recently..there is much speculation he could be done for the year..

Not according to this report on Thursday:

Taylor good in workout
7/14/05
By Vic Ketchman, jaguars.com senior editor

Jack Del Rio liked what he saw in Fred Taylor, but that doesn't mean the Jaguars have lost interest in trading for Buffalo running back Travis Henry.

“I was very encouraged; the fact that he's gaining strength and he's able to do the cutting and the acceleration he's going to have to do to be Fred,” Del Rio said of his evaluation of Taylor's workout this past Monday.

http://www.jaguars.com/story/4466.asp

In the article, Del Rio seems pretty positive that Taylor should be good to go in the season opener. He also eluded to the fact that they were looking at Henry and his point is well taken. If you can land a 26 year old RB with a track record of success for a third rd. selection, you'd be a fool not to take a look especially if you've got an older RB with a questionable future.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby killiansjmd » Sat Jul 16, 2005 6:11 am

I read Brown's toe is still bothering him a little plus he had both his anle's cleaned out over the winter. Brown has a lot of potential but you hate to see him only playing first halfs again this year due to that turf toe.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:56 am

Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Return to Football Talk