Law agrees in principle w/ KC - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Law agrees in principle w/ KC

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:45 am

TTTBone wrote:
Canadian_Cheesehead wrote:I read that this is total BS on profootballtalk.com.
I didn't bother linking it b/c PFT is not exactly a reliable source.

Well, no reason to even bring it up if you don't want people to know PFT's take ...

POSTED 10:39 a.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 12:05 p.m. EDT, July 16, 2005

RUMORS OF CHIEFS, LAW DEAL ARE BOGUS

We received several e-mails on Friday from readers in the Kansas City area regarding rumors of an impending deal between the Chiefs and free-agent cornerback Ty Law.

Specifically, a local radio station reportedly is reporting that the Chiefs and Law "have agreed in principle to a contract pending Law pass [sic] a physical showing that he is able to play on opening day" (whatever in the hell that means).

Wrong, says a source close to the action.

Per the source, the Chiefs and Law's agents "touch base periodically to see where he is in his rehab, etc., but there's been nothing more going on than that."

The Chiefs have signed Ashley Ambrose as a short-term replacement for Eric Warfield, who will serve a four-game suspension resulting from a 2004 DUI incident. When Warfield returns, Ambrose likely slides to the nickel back role in a defense that already includes cornerback Patrick Surtain.

According to the source, Law would land in Kansas City only if/when he abandons efforts for a long-term deal and opts to sign somewhere on a short-term basis for a shot at big money in 2006.

You know what I meant, I'm not saying that PFT knows for sure, because they don't, I do like to read what they have since once in a while they get a great scoop (and laud themselves for it) and even when they are wrong it is entertaining.

I was just saying that another site has an alternate viewpoint.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk