Fifth best fantasy player... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fifth best fantasy player...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby CC » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:54 am

I have Edgerrin James as my #5 player, but I have Deuce as my #4.

Manning pulls in at #9.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Calyxes » Sat Jul 16, 2005 12:43 pm

I will go with McGahee. I think that now the he is back 100% he is going to have a great year. He is young, strong and fast. That makes for a good RB. If Losman can be halfway decent Mcgahee should have no problem putting up better numbers then he did last year.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby Sixxgunn » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:23 pm

Eli Manning. !+)

Randy Moss has to be the guy I want at 5. He is clearly the number one pick at receiver, and you may as well get a sure #1 than get a guy that you just aren't sure about. You can get a guy on your next turn around who will likely be very close in production to the guy you would have taken.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby johnrambo » Sat Jul 16, 2005 2:58 pm

I play in a 12 team league, drafting a wr 5th overall is a huge gamble. I like Randy Moss here in leagues with 10 or fewer teams because you have a good chance to land a #1 back in the 2nd round. I really like Moss this year. Deuce in a 12 team league, you need a solid rb and that probabaly wont be avaible when it get backs around. Under no circumstance would I take E. James here. Manning spreads the ball around too much and James is a horrible runner inside the 10 yard line.
johnrambo
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Lushcrush » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:20 pm

To me, Edge and Deuce are almost equal all things considered ... with Deuce as my pick because he wants to come back strong from an injury riddled year and is also in a contract year.
I'm just a little Hawaiian and a homesick Island boy,
I want to go back to my fish and poi ...

[b]2005-2006 VXL Champion[/b]
Lushcrush
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby loosechange75 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 4:23 pm

I have to say McGahee here the guy has so much upside i mean i am going with him5th overall i just think the guy has so much talent
loosechange75
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Crafty » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:41 pm

Lushcrush wrote:To me, Edge and Deuce are almost equal all things considered ... with Deuce as my pick because he wants to come back strong from an injury riddled year and is also in a contract year.

I agree. Look also at how New Orleans is shifting the offense to feed him the ball more as opposed to making Brooks throw all day. Plus, he's got a fullback again, not that two-tight-end crap, I think. And though James is also in a contract year, he's not going back to Indy at the end. He'll do his best, but I think Indy will want to see what they've got in Rhodes.
Fortune favours the bold.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby agchris02 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 7:45 pm

portisfan24 wrote:Ya I wouldnt want to draft 5th this year. I think I might have to go with Jamal over Deuce and Edge.

by the way, whatever happened to Mcgahee being a top 5 pick? I swear half the people on this board were in love with him like 2 months ago.

They woke up and realized he has never played a full NFL season, and had a blown out knee not that long ago, and has a medicore 40 time, on a mediocre offensive team.

That aside, I still think he's a bottom of the first round pick, higher in keeper leagues.

As to number 5 it depends on your scoring system, I dont think Manning should go below 2 in ANY league that awards 6pts to a qb for throwing a TD (this is simple to prove mathmatically), but youre still stuck with that num 5 pick.

Personally, I think Deuce is in for a rebound yr and would take him there. Though, if youre in a league that gives you points for recpeptions, you have to consider A Green. Yes I know he was a flop for what he was expected. If yout hink he TOTALLY SUCKS, which is a reasonable view point, then take D Davis -- theyre both locks for over 50 catches.

You could always take Barber, he might not put up number 5 numbers, but i dont think there is any way he finishes out of the top 10 --- and he's the ONLY one I can see you can guarentee that with - deuce, edge, DD -- they all could slip.

That aside, id still stick with deuce and his contract year :)
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bellybrother » Sat Jul 16, 2005 8:36 pm

I have Manning 4th, Lewis 5th, Portis 6th and Deuce 7th. Any of those guys would work fine with me if I HAD to pick 5th.
But in ALL the drafts I've been in Portis has dropped to at least 11. So what does that mean you ask. Well, in my money league I draft 11th this year and promise Portis won't drop any farther than that.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:07 pm

So is Manning replacing Mcgahee as the new man-crush top 5 guy? No way he even comes close to touching my top 10.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk