http://www.buffalobills.com/news/news.jsp?news_id=3259

I am going to stay far, far away from both of these guys this year.. :-°
bdrotoronto
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:42 pm

Flux wrote:
kensat wrote:Chris Brown is the much better RB plain and simple.

Im just going to play devils advocate here, but how can you rate a player who only has half a season or so under his belt, to a player who made the pro-bowl just a couple years ago.

Simple, I've watched them both play, and Chris Brown is so obviously the better runner that there is no contest.

Has nothing to do with stats, playing time, injury history etc. I really just think that Chris Brown is the superior player overall. It's really not that hard of a decision for me.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby chaindog35 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:04 pm

Chris Brown is a better Rb than Travis Henry, just cause i say so. Geez, our arguments are really degrading. Regardless we'll get to see

For everyone out there, we'll finally get to see who is better:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2110785
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Homeless » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:26 pm

I wish he had gone to Jax, but oh well. This does create a RBBC in TN, I think Brown will win out but will he survive an entire season?
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:10 pm

chaindog35 wrote:Chris Brown is a better Rb than Travis Henry, just cause i say so. Geez, our arguments are really degrading. Regardless we'll get to see

For everyone out there, we'll finally get to see who is better:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2110785

You can't really compare RBs any other way IMO. It's the old Barry Sanders/Emmitt Smith debate.. you just gotta chose who you think is best and call it your opinion. My opinion is that Chris Brown is clearly the better RB.

Nothing against Henry, but I generally regard him as just an average NFL RB. Very talented no doubt, but there are 10-20 guys in the league who are better. Chris Brown is one of them IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

hmmm

Postby anderbudd » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:57 pm

I don't think players with 2 first names should be allowed to play professional football. At least one last name should be required.

Dave
anderbudd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flux » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:14 am

Titans GM Floyd Reese made it clear Monday that Chris Brown won't be the presumptive starter in Tennessee.

Speaking of Travis Henry, Reese said, ''He comes in and it'll be a heck of a battle between he and Chris Brown.'' The Titans already are talking about using both players in tandem. It smells like the dreaded Running Back By Committee.

maybe this will just clear some things up for people
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:36 am

Hooray for Titan's! Booo for fantasy football.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Flux » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:56 am

-- Titans Looking to Commit to Henry --
Tue Jul 19, 2005 --from FFMastermind.com

ESPN's John Clayton reports the Tennessee Titans are talking with newly acquired RB Travis Henry about a contract extension. If the two sides reach an agreement, look for Henry to overtake RB Chris Brown as the team's primary back. The Titans plan to start out with Henry as the inside runner and Brown as the outside runner, but if the Titans make a long term financial commitment to Henry, he'll likely wind up seeing more action than Brown.
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:57 am

Both of risky picks, and there will probably be some sort of RBBC. Both backs are injury risks, but I would draft Henry a bit higher, because Brown's running style will continue to make him prone to nagging injuries.

Brown is probably a better RB at this stage of his career, but is the more high risk/high reward, whereas Henry is probably the safer pick. That said, I won't be targeting either one of these guys in my draft until maybe mid-August when some questions are answered, as the situation is still very cloudy.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk