BIG SPOILER - Harry Potter - warning DO NOT READ - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

BIG SPOILER - Harry Potter - warning DO NOT READ

Moderator: Football Moderators

BIG SPOILER - Harry Potter - warning DO NOT READ

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:23 pm

If you read Harry Potter do not scroll down unless you have finished the Half Breed Prince. It will ruin the end of the book and don't blame me. I DID NOT LIKE THE ENDING. That said it was however a good book and set up the 7th and supposed last book. Scan down to find out who dies and by whom. No its not Harry.

Good book but the ending sucked. Dumbledore is Killed by guess who:

no not Voldmort

no not lucius malfoy

He is killed by Servus Snape!!!!!!!!!!!!
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Flockers » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:28 pm

NOOOO! Why didn't you tell me it was a spoiler!? Now it's ruined for me! :-t

Just kidding. My little brother said his friend had the book since last week. He told me the beginning. How does the real book start so I know if he's lying or not?
Last edited by Flockers on Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby STEELtownUSA » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:30 pm

I don't know much about Harry Potter, but didn't it just come out today? Did you read the whole book today?
STEELtownUSA
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:32 pm

Flockers wrote:NOOOO! Why didn't you tell me it was a spoiler!? Now it's ruined for me! :-t

Just kidding. My little brother said his friend had the book since last week. He told me the beginning. How does the real book start so I knoe if he's lying or not?

It starts with the new minister of magic having a conversation with the Brithish prime minister.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:33 pm

STEELtownUSA wrote:I don't know much about Harry Potter, but didn't it just come out today? Did you read the whole book today?

Yes I did. Its only like 658 pages written for kids. Easy reading.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Flockers » Sat Jul 16, 2005 9:35 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:
Flockers wrote:NOOOO! Why didn't you tell me it was a spoiler!? Now it's ruined for me! :-t

Just kidding. My little brother said his friend had the book since last week. He told me the beginning. How does the real book start so I knoe if he's lying or not?

It starts with the new minister of magic having a conversation with the Brithish prime minister.

Yeah, he was full of it then.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby PackerAttack84 » Sat Jul 16, 2005 11:50 pm

I tried to read the first one once, I didn't understand it. I don't really like to read, last book I read was a while ago. The wizard stuff just don't interest me.
PackerAttack84
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Slingblade » Sun Jul 17, 2005 5:22 am

The book sucked.
No plot. The dialogue was stilted, like JK had been over-using the thesaurus and picking long words to be pretentious.
It was badly written, like someone else had written it, someone who hadn't even read the previous books let alone written them. The characters were out of character, didn't act right.
And my favorite character dies.

SCREW YOU ROWLING....
Slingblade
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby portisfan24 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:05 pm

I just finished and wasnt really sure what to think. It didnt seem as suspenseful as the other ones. Usually she builds up the ending quite well with foreshadowing other such tools. This time it didnt really feel like the book had reached its climax. Granted there was the death, but it just didnt seem very serious to me.
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:31 pm

What is up with the ending? So the entire 7th book he's going to be hunting the other Horcruxes, Voldemort, and he's not going back to school?
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Next

Return to General Talk