Who wins the Heisman? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to College Football

Who wins the Heisman?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who wins the Heisman?

Postby CC » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:00 am

I know most people will probably pick one of the USC boys or Adrian Peterson, I am going with a bit of a different choice than the norm.

I figure that Leinart and Bush will split votes moreso this year, and will thus cancel each other out. Even still, Leinart is definetly the safe pick.

Peterson is amazing, my favorite non-Michigan player in the NCAA and should have won last year, add to that he is the best NFL prospect to come along in I don't know how long, but I think the losses on the line (Brown and Sims) and not having a reliable passing game (No White, Clayton, or Bradley) will really hurt his chances.

The two guys I really like are my Michigan boy Chad Henne and Chris Leak. I think since the Maize and Blue will centre their offense around Hart and they also play in a very tough Big 10 this year, Henne will not win (this year). I really like Chris Leak, Urban Meyer is going to work wonders in Gainsville and Andre Caldwell is going to develop into a star. Leak is my pick for the Heisman this year.

I think Marshawn Lynch is also being overlooked, they have a great o-line and while I'm not totally sure who the new QB is (Longshore?) Desean Jackson was a great get for them. Lynch is really talented and will end up being a better prospect than his predecessor JJ Arrington. Keep an eye on him if you didn't know beforehand.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Gunslinger » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:04 am

I'll go out on a limb and say Vince Young. I think this is the year that Texas gets over the (OU) hump and Young will be the reason for it. He's a freak of nature and a natural highlight reel. He should be in the media highlights every week which will give him the exposure he'll need to make up the ground on the USC boys. Also, add in the fact that Texas should have a very impressive record and possibly be playing for the NC.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Flockers » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:46 am

I think either Vince Young or Reggie Bush will win it. The reason that Adrian Peterson won't is because he's only a Sophomore.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Mustangs989 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 12:40 pm

I'd like to be a homer and say Tate but even I think he won't win it. Although it wouldn't surprise me if he's a finalist. I don't think Leinart or Bush will win it either for the fact CC mentioned, they will split a ton of votes. I think DeAngelo Williams is going to put up huge numbers this year, unfortunately he doesn't play for a good enough team to win the heisman, same with Maroney who will also put up huge numbers with Barber gone. That leaves me with VY and AD. Young has alot more help around him than does Peterson, the deciding factor for me is that I think Texas will beat OU this year.

BTW this is who I think will win the heisman, not who I believe should win the heisman. I expect Reggie Bush to have the best numbers.
Mustangs989
Head Coach
Head Coach

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Flockers » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:05 pm

DeAngelo Williams and Laurence Maroney are real talents. But like Mustangs said, they don't play on good enough teams.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:10 am

I think Leinart and Peterson stand the best chances, but I like Vince Young as the dark-horse with the best shot.... However, my sleeper pick is:

Ted Ginn, Jr. - Ohio State - WR

(I also think Chris Leak will finish in the top-5, but I wouldn't admit it in public)

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby CC » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:00 am

Ginn is a good call, he's super-talented (as much as it pains me to say it) and can be an impact player on offense, defense, and special teams. Strictly WR play though, Santonio Holmes is better.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:53 am

The problem with Ginn is he is a sophomore and I doubt he will put up the stats to be the first soph to ever win the award.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Aug 03, 2005 4:12 pm

Marcus Vick ;-D
yeah that's right I said it, and I mean it
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Sat Aug 06, 2005 9:28 am

Redskins Win wrote:Marcus Vick ;-D
yeah that's right I said it, and I mean it

As a Hokie, I would love it if this were true but I don't see it happening even if he has a stellar year. His off field troubles will keep enough voters away, I think. But I do think he could thrust Eddie Royal into the mix for next season if he can get him enough opportunities.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Next

Return to College Football