Roscoe Crosby - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roscoe Crosby

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roscoe Crosby

Postby koffeeboy » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:50 am

Does anyone think he will ever have an impact in Indy?

He signed with them after going undrafted in the Supplemental draft.

Wayne is a FA after this year. Maybe their thinking is to let Wayne go, allow Stokley to be the # 2 and let Crosby be the # 3?!?!
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby bellybrother » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:26 am

It is doubtful that Reggie will resign unless he's willing to take less than market value to stay. With all the money the Colts have tied up in Marv and Peyton they won't have the money to give him what he's worth and still field a competative team, if they thought they could give people what they desrerve and still compete, they would resign Edge long term instead of franchising him and letting him go next year possibly.

They also have two other wr's they like very much in Troy Walters and Aaron Moorehead. Out of those two, Moorehead is the better fit to take Reggie's place. Walters is more of a slot guy and return man.

They may plan to move Stokely to the #2 but I would say that would depend on whether or not he shows he can stay healthy this year.

Roscoe is typical Colts kinda move. See undervalued talent that they think they can sign and develope. If he shows the kinda talent that peole were raving about when he started his college career and continues to improve, he has a shot, but they...and me, really like Moorehead too. Decent size and has the ability to run good routes and go get a ball. They may plan to use him on kick off returns too. A coupla years ago they signed Brad Pyatt in the same kinda situation and he's avg like 25 yds on ko returns but has missed 16 games in 2 years. Maybe that's their plan with Rosco.

Obviously the Colts convinced him he has a chance to play somewhere in the next year or two as he had three other teams, including the Chiefs trying to sign him and Kansas City would have given him a better chance to play sooner. Shows he has intelligence, looking at the big picture and taking Manning and a crowded wr corp instead of the quick cnhance at PT in Aarow Head. Also knows he has a chance to learn from the preeminent wr combo in the league. You could do worse if you know you're a project.

On a side note, Roscoe was also drafted to play baseball a coupla years ago but chose football at Clemson.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby CC » Sun Jul 17, 2005 11:48 am

He has potential, but it will take him a while to develop, he has been out of football for too long.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Azrael » Sun Jul 17, 2005 2:14 pm

Have to root for a anyone named Roscoe.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby nerdd » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:37 pm

"On a side note, Roscoe was also drafted to play baseball a coupla years ago but chose football at Clemson."

Actually he played both. Its too bad b/c if he would have picked one or the other things may have been different. He was injured playing baseball I believe and it all but cost him both his careers. I think he is one to keep an eye on. He shouldnt make an impact this year but he was the #1 wr out of highschool. So he very well could be a player in a year or 2. Also while we're on the topic of South Carolina highschool could have beens. Keep your eyes on RB Derek Watson and RB Demetris Summers. Watson is with the Bucs now and Gruden has mentioned being happy with him. Spurrier just kicked Summers off the team this summer and he still has a year to be eligable, he was a 1st round talent so just an FYI.
nerdd
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Kensat30 » Sun Jul 17, 2005 3:55 pm

My girlfriend's mom's dog is named Roscoe, and let me tell you he is the laziest dog I ever met in my entire life. Stay far away from Roscoe...
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Sun Jul 17, 2005 4:23 pm

Kensat30 wrote:My girlfriend's mom's dog is named Roscoe, and let me tell you he is the laziest dog I ever met in my entire life. Stay far away from Roscoe...

That's ok. I have a cat named Kensat who gives crappy advice.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby mnheadliner » Mon Jul 18, 2005 1:51 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:My girlfriend's mom's dog is named Roscoe, and let me tell you he is the laziest dog I ever met in my entire life. Stay far away from Roscoe...

:-b
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby aussieboy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:40 am

Dr. Duran Duran wrote:

hahaha. nice call.
aussieboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk