Koffeeboy's QB Rankings - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Koffeeboy's QB Rankings

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Jimboozie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:26 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:Your top 15 look pretty good. Although Id drop Plummer behind Palmer.

I think Carr is overrated again. How he still goes ahead of Harrington, I dont know. Even as "poorly" as Harrington played last yr he was still more valuable than Carr - now that he has actual NFL calibur players around him he should put up substantially better fantasy numbers than Carr.

McNair below Carr? Again - when Im drafting that late Im picking upside and Carr simply isnt in McNair's league.

Big Ben is too high as well. He isnt a fantasy QB.

I would switch Harrington and Carr.
Id drop Big Ben below Boller.
Id put McNair ahead of Griese.
Finally I would rank Gus Frerotte ahead of Bledsoe.

Overall a nice job. ;-D


Gus Frerotte over Bledsoe?! What a cheapshot! :-P
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 12527
Joined: 6 Oct 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:06 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I would switch Harrington and Carr.


Move Carr to 24 and JoBloey to 17? CM, puuuuulllleeeeze! At least Carr has shown a sign of life and has continued to improve as his team has. I'm not trying to slam your Lions man but that's just absurd.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:16 am

MadScott wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I would switch Harrington and Carr.


Move Carr to 24 and JoBloey to 17? CM, puuuuulllleeeeze! At least Carr has shown a sign of life and has continued to improve as his team has. I'm not trying to slam your Lions man but that's just absurd.


Look at the numbers.

Joey has also continued to improve along with his team.

Thats fine if you disagree - most of the people who play fantsy have some kind of weird hatred for Joey and love Carr - its rather fascinating actually. All I know is that Joey Harrington is going to ber serving a ton of piping hot crow this yr.

To me Carr ahead of Joey is absurd.
Fact: Joey has put up better fantasy numbers every yr since they entered the league.
Combine that fact with the complete offensive overhaul in DET, and its stunning for me to see Carr regularly ranked ahead of Joey.

OBTW - Gus Frerotte (or whoever is in MIA) will put up better fantasy numbers than Bledsoe. MIA will pass more than they have in the past and their WRs are pretty solid. Compare that to DAL who is a run heavy offense with Meshawn as his only target.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:26 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:I would switch Harrington and Carr.


Move Carr to 24 and JoBloey to 17? CM, puuuuulllleeeeze! At least Carr has shown a sign of life and has continued to improve as his team has. I'm not trying to slam your Lions man but that's just absurd.


Look at the numbers.

Joey has also continued to improve along with his team.

Thats fine if you disagree - most of the people who play fantsy have some kind of weird hatred for Joey and love Carr - its rather fascinating actually. All I know is that Joey Harrington is going to ber serving a ton of piping hot crow this yr.

To me Carr ahead of Joey is absurd.
Fact: Joey has put up better fantasy numbers every yr since they entered the league.
Combine that fact with the complete offensive overhaul in DET, and its stunning for me to see Carr regularly ranked ahead of Joey.

OBTW - Gus Frerotte (or whoever is in MIA) will put up better fantasy numbers than Bledsoe. MIA will pass more than they have in the past and their WRs are pretty solid. Compare that to DAL who is a run heavy offense with Meshawn as his only target.


CM, I'm not trying to rankle you or hate on Joey, he's a nice kid. Offensive overhaul, fine, but Carr started when the franchise in Houston did, it doesn't get much more rock bottom than that. Have you truly watched objectively and seen both guys play? I have. Both make their share of mistakes to be sure but I've got a big problem with Joey's inaccuracy.

Again, I like the guy and love his old college coach Tedford, but Joey was a product of that system plain and simple. I hope he proves me wrong this year because it would be good to know that he could do something besides tickling the ivory to earn a good living.
Image
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 5924
Joined: 27 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:11 am

MadScott wrote:CM, I'm not trying to rankle you or hate on Joey, he's a nice kid. Offensive overhaul, fine, but Carr started when the franchise in Houston did, it doesn't get much more rock bottom than that. Have you truly watched objectively and seen both guys play? I have. Both make their share of mistakes to be sure but I've got a big problem with Joey's inaccuracy.

Again, I like the guy and love his old college coach Tedford, but Joey was a product of that system plain and simple. I hope he proves me wrong this year because it would be good to know that he could do something besides tickling the ivory to earn a good living.


This is fantasy - looks at the numbers. I have no agenda with Joey - of course I think he is incredibly underrated and the criticism he gets is way overblown, but other than that I still play fantasy to win.

Joey has outproduced Carr every yr - whatever the situation may have been - and he will be in a better situation this yr. I dont understand why people rank Carr ahead of Joey in fantasy - for what reason? This is still fantasy football we are talking about correct?
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:58 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:This is fantasy - looks at the numbers....Joey has outproduced Carr every yr - whatever the situation may have been - and he will be in a better situation this yr. I dont understand why people rank Carr ahead of Joey in fantasy - for what reason? This is still fantasy football we are talking about correct?


Using standard QB fantasy scoring this is how they have ranked the past 3 years

2002: JH 28 DC 24
2003: JH 19 DC 27
2004: JH 17 DC 14

So Carr has placed higher than Joey in 2 of the past 3 years. Carr also isn't fighting for a starting job this pre-season. But I don't know why you guys are arguing over these scrubs. If you are starting either of them your fantasy team is in big trouble.
Image

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3067
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Livin in a powderkeg and givin off sparks

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:12 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
MadScott wrote:CM, I'm not trying to rankle you or hate on Joey, he's a nice kid. Offensive overhaul, fine, but Carr started when the franchise in Houston did, it doesn't get much more rock bottom than that. Have you truly watched objectively and seen both guys play? I have. Both make their share of mistakes to be sure but I've got a big problem with Joey's inaccuracy.

Again, I like the guy and love his old college coach Tedford, but Joey was a product of that system plain and simple. I hope he proves me wrong this year because it would be good to know that he could do something besides tickling the ivory to earn a good living.


This is fantasy - looks at the numbers. I have no agenda with Joey - of course I think he is incredibly underrated and the criticism he gets is way overblown, but other than that I still play fantasy to win.

Joey has outproduced Carr every yr - whatever the situation may have been - and he will be in a better situation this yr. I dont understand why people rank Carr ahead of Joey in fantasy - for what reason? This is still fantasy football we are talking about correct?


You know how many points Joey is going to be putting up if and when he gets replaced this season? ZERO.

Weird parallel between real life and fantasy, when you're on the bench you don't accumulate any stats.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Fern » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:24 am

Pretty good list, I disagree with a few of them such as Brooks being rated above the likes of Brees, Delhomme, etc but other then that it looks good. As far as Joey and Carr I would think with all the weapons Joey has he would have to put up better stats this year, but im not gonna be targeting either Joey or Carr unless I need a backup for my backup. IMO, Neither has shown that they can be a serviceable & consistent fantasy option.
Fern
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 160
Joined: 25 Oct 2002
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:45 am

Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:This is fantasy - looks at the numbers....Joey has outproduced Carr every yr - whatever the situation may have been - and he will be in a better situation this yr. I dont understand why people rank Carr ahead of Joey in fantasy - for what reason? This is still fantasy football we are talking about correct?


Using standard QB fantasy scoring this is how they have ranked the past 3 years

2002: JH 28 DC 24
2003: JH 19 DC 27
2004: JH 17 DC 14

So Carr has placed higher than Joey in 2 of the past 3 years. Carr also isn't fighting for a starting job this pre-season. But I don't know why you guys are arguing over these scrubs. If you are starting either of them your fantasy team is in big trouble.


???

50passyds = 1, 1pasTD = 6, 20 rush yd = 1, 1rusTD = 6:

Using Yahoo Standard scoring, 2002 was the only yr Carr beat Harrington. So I was wrong about JH beating Carr every yr - just the last 2.

'02 - JH = 86, DC = 108
'03 - JH = 112, DC = 79
'03 - JH = 140, DC = 135

Kensat - Joey isnt going to lose his job to Garcia. Matt Millen just came out the other day and implied that yes its a QB competition, but Harrington is simply the better QB and has been proving it daily in practice. He expects Garcia to get very little game action this yr, but is glad he is there for insurance.

Im just trying to help on this subject, but apparantly Im a Homer so whatever I say about the Lions should be disregarded even though the majority of the time they arent even my opinions - just passing along what is coming out of camp.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:58 am

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
Mookie4ever_ffc wrote:
Cornbread Maxwell wrote:This is fantasy - looks at the numbers....Joey has outproduced Carr every yr - whatever the situation may have been - and he will be in a better situation this yr. I dont understand why people rank Carr ahead of Joey in fantasy - for what reason? This is still fantasy football we are talking about correct?


Using standard QB fantasy scoring this is how they have ranked the past 3 years

2002: JH 28 DC 24
2003: JH 19 DC 27
2004: JH 17 DC 14

So Carr has placed higher than Joey in 2 of the past 3 years. Carr also isn't fighting for a starting job this pre-season. But I don't know why you guys are arguing over these scrubs. If you are starting either of them your fantasy team is in big trouble.


???

50passyds = 1, 1pasTD = 6, 20 rush yd = 1, 1rusTD = 6:

Using Yahoo Standard scoring, 2002 was the only yr Carr beat Harrington. So I was wrong about JH beating Carr every yr - just the last 2.

'02 - JH = 86, DC = 108
'03 - JH = 112, DC = 79
'03 - JH = 140, DC = 135



Using footballguys' stats:

1 pt per 20 yards passing
4 pts per passing TD
1 pt per 10 yards rushing/receiving
6 pts per rushing/receiving TD

homer. :-]
Image

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3067
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Livin in a powderkeg and givin off sparks

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:46 hours
(and 39 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact