Sweet Home Carolina - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Sweet Home Carolina

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby FF Newbie » Sun Jul 17, 2005 8:35 pm

3,000 yards and 20 touchdowns? Those would be incredibly modest numbers for Delhomme. You don't think he's capable of throwing for 3,000 yards this year? 8-o
Image
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Posts: 2990
Joined: 13 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby pangbones » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:33 pm

I don't think Delhomme is a top 10 QB. He would make a good backup IMO, but not a starter. HE posted good numbers last year, but with not much of a running game. Carolina likes to pound the ball, and they will get back to that this year. Look for Shelton to take over at some point this year. He is big and bad. :-#
Image
pangbones
Head Coach
Head Coach

User avatar

Posts: 1178
Joined: 8 May 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby toofunny » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:35 am

pangbones wrote:I don't think Delhomme is a top 10 QB. He would make a good backup IMO, but not a starter. HE posted good numbers last year, but with not much of a running game. Carolina likes to pound the ball, and they will get back to that this year. Look for Shelton to take over at some point this year. He is big and bad. :-#


Yeah but Delhomo is just coming into his own. He hasn't been a starter very long, but has already taken his team to the superbowl. He showed with no running game he can carry the team, and they did okay in the 2nd half. Smith is a far better WR then Moose, so he should put up decent numbers, and a running game will HELP him, not hurt.
toofunny
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 261
Joined: 4 Feb 2005
Home Cafe: Football

Postby tanner » Mon Jul 18, 2005 8:54 am

Its funny how everyone asks "who is gonna catch all of Delhomme's passes for hi to be a top 10 guy?"..
we're you all saying the same exact thing last year with Moose Muhammad as the #1 WR once Steve Smith went down for the year?!?!

I wouldn't worry about Delhomme, whatsoever..he had no running game last year, and still passed for 29 tds..he's amtured into one of the top QB's in the game, and as long as Den Henning keeps coaching that offense, they'll continue to take 3-4 long shots down the field in every single game..
Steve Smith is good, but Keary Colbert cannot be overlooked as a big time weapon for Carolina...Foster is a great receiver out of the backfield...
tanner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff


Posts: 244
Joined: 17 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: nj

Postby benm3218 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:14 am

moochman wrote:Smith's injury was a freak one, soley due to direct contact. It's not as if he's injury prone, and reports are that he is back to full speed.


You are a smart man Mooch. Anyone who thinks Smith is injury prone hasn't watched many Panthers games. He is one of the toughest guys in football.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:23 am

Bruschi wrote:Wow skibrett15 - I should have you writing my posts for me - that is exactly what I was driving at. If Delhomme is going to throw for 3000+ yds and 20-25 TDs, who the heck is catching all that stuff?


S. Smith - 1200 yards and 10 TD's

K. Colbert - 1000 yards and 5 TD's

R. Proehl - 400 yards and 1 TD

F. Jones - 500 yards and 4 TD's

D. Foster - 400 yards and 3 TD's


Total = 3500 yards and 23 TD's


I think those numbers are pretty realistic, don't you?
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:30 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
Bruschi wrote:Wow skibrett15 - I should have you writing my posts for me - that is exactly what I was driving at. If Delhomme is going to throw for 3000+ yds and 20-25 TDs, who the heck is catching all that stuff?


S. Smith - 1200 yards and 10 TD's

K. Colbert - 1000 yards and 5 TD's

R. Proehl - 400 yards and 1 TD

F. Jones - 500 yards and 4 TD's

D. Foster - 400 yards and 3 TD's


Total = 3500 yards and 23 TD's


I think those numbers are pretty realistic, don't you?


Those numbers are only realistic if you think he will throw passes to 5 players. 11 players caught passes for the Panthers last season.
Image


I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 16300
(Past Year: 80)
Joined: 20 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Living in the shame only a Lions fan knows

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 9:42 am

moochman wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Bruschi wrote:Wow skibrett15 - I should have you writing my posts for me - that is exactly what I was driving at. If Delhomme is going to throw for 3000+ yds and 20-25 TDs, who the heck is catching all that stuff?


S. Smith - 1200 yards and 10 TD's

K. Colbert - 1000 yards and 5 TD's

R. Proehl - 400 yards and 1 TD

F. Jones - 500 yards and 4 TD's

D. Foster - 400 yards and 3 TD's


Total = 3500 yards and 23 TD's


I think those numbers are pretty realistic, don't you?


Those numbers are only realistic if you think he will throw passes to 5 players. 11 players caught passes for the Panthers last season.



Obviously more players will catch passes.... These are just the ones worth mentioning.... Others might include:

Brad Hoover
Karl Hankton
Steven Davis
Eric Shelton
Kris Mangum
Mike Seidman

But I don't think any of those guys will really catch enough balls to make a VERY significant impact....
Image

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 10241
Joined: 19 Sep 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Richmond, VA

Re: Sweet Home Carolina

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:56 am

Bruschi wrote:Sometimes rankings make me scratch my head.

I keep on seeing Jake Delhome rated as a top 10 QB. And I agree with that ranking.

But then I see Steve Smith ranked between 10-15 WR and K Colbert 30-45. I wonder how Delhomme is going to justify that ranking.

It especially makes me wonder with S Smith having the possibility of injury again this year.

Is Delhomme really a top 10 QB? Is S Smith going to stay healthy and be a top 10 receiver this year? If he gets hurt, will Colbert be this year's N Burleson? They don't really have a #3 WR.

I just wonder about Carolina. I'm not even going to touch their RB situation. Maybe they are cursed.


Delhomme is not a top10 QB.. With Kris Jenkins back, Delhomme won't NEED to throw 3 or 4 TDs against teams like the 49ers again this year. I would put his attempts/production somewhere between 2003 and 2004, shading closer to 2004. Just outside the top12 IMO.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Kensat30 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:57 am

Plindsey88 wrote:
moochman wrote:
Plindsey88 wrote:
Bruschi wrote:Wow skibrett15 - I should have you writing my posts for me - that is exactly what I was driving at. If Delhomme is going to throw for 3000+ yds and 20-25 TDs, who the heck is catching all that stuff?


S. Smith - 1200 yards and 10 TD's

K. Colbert - 1000 yards and 5 TD's

R. Proehl - 400 yards and 1 TD

F. Jones - 500 yards and 4 TD's

D. Foster - 400 yards and 3 TD's


Total = 3500 yards and 23 TD's


I think those numbers are pretty realistic, don't you?


Those numbers are only realistic if you think he will throw passes to 5 players. 11 players caught passes for the Panthers last season.



Obviously more players will catch passes.... These are just the ones worth mentioning.... Others might include:

Brad Hoover
Karl Hankton
Steven Davis
Eric Shelton
Kris Mangum
Mike Seidman

But I don't think any of those guys will really catch enough balls to make a VERY significant impact....


Brad Hoover is a pass catching FB and should put up considerable receptions this year. 30+ is not out of the question... Either that or several other RBs will all put up between 15-20 receptions each.

I think you're underselling the weight of RB receptions in the Panther's system Plindsey, overweighting the TE.
---

Other than that, those numbers look very realistic to me and I would even give them a slight boost.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Cafe Writer
Posts: 6427
Joined: 2 Jun 2004
Home Cafe: Football

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 5:33 hours
(and 36 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact