FREE AUCTION KEEPER LOOKING FOR ACTIVE MANAGERS - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

FREE AUCTION KEEPER LOOKING FOR ACTIVE MANAGERS

Moderator: Football Moderators

FREE AUCTION KEEPER LOOKING FOR ACTIVE MANAGERS

Postby assclown » Sun Jul 17, 2005 10:17 am

League is hosted on Yahoo

draft will be held on fantasyauctioneer.com

League ID#: 204945

League Name: Genius GM Salary Cap keeper

Password: caproom

The Most realistic NFL General Manager SIM in yahoo, do you have what it takes to build a team that can stay under the cap and compete?

GM's Must sign up for draft and sign up for yahoo.com football free private league

league ID # 204945 password = "caproom"

register for league draft at fantasyauctioneer.com,public draft room "YahooID#204945 PW=caproom"

draft to he held Aug 6th 8pm eastern. You must sign up using same team name registered on the league page... you must attend the draft, or suffer with the team the A.I. drafts for you.. and I would recomend trying a mock draft before the big day to make sure you are comfortable with the draft software. League will have 20 roster spots and a $200 salary cap..

this is a keeper league I will be seting up a yahoo group to deal with league buisiness in the offseason....

Any player on your team this year can be kept as a keeper for next year, the only catch is a manditory raise of $5 per player. Your team must be at or under the cap with every roster spot filled to start any season..

waived players picked up while on waivers will have their contract picked up at the auction value for keeper purposes, players that clear waivers and become outright freeagents can be signed for the league minimum $1, so if they are kept they count $6 against the cap if kept for next year.
assclown
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Dexter II » Sun Jul 17, 2005 7:14 pm

Just want to check on # of teams and roster spots. Is 20/20 correct?

Also, two things about Fantasy Auctioneer:
1. You may want to set the draft up as private, then send out League Name and Password to managers who register on Yahoo.
2. I think they start charging a fee in August not sure when that starts though.

Thanks, close to joining just need to see if I can make the draft date/time.
Fatalism Helps with the Jump but not the Fall
Dexter II
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Web SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby assclown » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:04 pm

Dexter II wrote:Just want to check on # of teams and roster spots. Is 20/20 correct?

Also, two things about Fantasy Auctioneer:
1. You may want to set the draft up as private, then send out League Name and Password to managers who register on Yahoo.
2. I think they start charging a fee in August not sure when that starts though.

Thanks, close to joining just need to see if I can make the draft date/time.

league has

1qb
1rb
2wr
1te
1rb/wr flex
1wr/te flex
1 k

6 d players
6 bench spots

1.I check teams in league against teams signed up for the draft... anyone that shouldn't be there gets the boot, once its full, the problem is solved

2. I think the fees start AUG 7th thats why I'm having the draft the day before.
assclown
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

You had me at hello...

Postby Ravenologist » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:20 pm

...but you lost me with the 6 d players. Seems excessive for my tastes. Good luck though!
Ravenologist
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: You had me at hello...

Postby assclown » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:58 pm

Ravenologist wrote:...but you lost me with the 6 d players. Seems excessive for my tastes. Good luck though!

like I said the league is aimed at replicating the Job of a real NFL GM, while i don't weigh offense and deffense evenly, I think it throws in a nice touch when you have to decide between spending $6 on a average Ashley Leele or maybe the best idp in the league Ed Reed.

I usually find people that don't want IDP don't know football as well, it seperates good and elite managers in my book.
assclown
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Ravenologist » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:57 pm

I usually find people that don't want IDP don't know football as well, it seperates good and elite managers in my book.

Interesting recruiting technique: insulting potential owners. Whatever, man. I'm not against IDP. And, I think I know my football fairly well, thank you very much. Lighten up, Francis -- it's fantasy football. Would've probably been hip to 2-4 IDP, but 6 and the 'tude lost me.
Ravenologist
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: You had me at hello...

Postby assclown » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:13 pm

Ravenologist wrote:...but you lost me with the 6 d players. Seems excessive for my tastes. Good luck though!

No I think the "tude" started here, including the "you had me at hello" title

if you'd like me to reconsider the settings you could have asked nothing is written in stone until we start, and if you aren't interested move along there skippy, I don't need your non productive negativity.

as for running off prospective managers, you'd made it clear you had no interest, and I want people that have no reservations about playing.., I have 3 weeks to fill about 10 spots, I'm not loosing sleep.
assclown
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

well, ok then

Postby Ravenologist » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:44 am

Living up to your handle name, eh? Well, at least half of it. Look, I was intrigued, I made a point, and I wished you the best. But you had to muddy the water. Don't get scoliosis from that chip on your shoulder. You really should lighten up as it's just a game and if someone doesn't 100% agree with your rules, it's not a right or wrong thing. It's just preference.
Ravenologist
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Re: well, ok then

Postby assclown » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:12 am

Ravenologist wrote:Living up to your handle name, eh? Well, at least half of it. Look, I was intrigued, I made a point, and I wished you the best.

intrigued? ... not what you said
made a point? .... sounded more like a shot not a point
wished the best? ... yet ripe with sarcasim

Listen while at some level I am thankfull for any response that keeps me from just writing

"BUMP"

feel free to move along anytime.

PS yes I can be an ass, that's one thing on which you and I can agree.
assclown
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby Dexter II » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:18 pm

This league sounds very interesting but I have to admit 20 teams with 20 players seems like it will be cutting talent pretty thin.

Since you said you were at least open to suggestions in your back and forth with Raven I figured I'd give it a shot.

Any chance you'd move to 14 or 16 owners and bring the IDP down to 4? Perhaps if it gets closer to the auction date if you don't have the full 20 owners you would consider this.

I have a few years of auction experience but no IDP but am interested.

Anyway, it's your league so you can make the call.

Thanks,
Fatalism Helps with the Jump but not the Fall
Dexter II
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Web SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Classifieds