Top 5 Cornerbacks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 5 Cornerbacks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby footballfreak449 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:10 pm

Hehe, yea, I was gonna go Chris McAllister, than I thought I'd ask everyone else for their opinons. Guess it worked out okay.

yes I was talking real life.
footballfreak449
Head Coach
Head Coach

Graphics ExpertWeb Supporter
Home Cafe: Football

Postby CC » Mon Jul 18, 2005 12:12 pm

gtabaplayr wrote:I think Chris McAlister is so grossly overrated just because he plays with so much talent around him. He is not a shutdown corner. Champ was also exposed last year, knocked him down somewhat IMO.

Everyone was exposed last year, especially the more physical corners b/c of the new rule enforcement, now that they have had a year to adjust I think that they will be better this year.
I ain't no suit-wearin' businessman like you... you know I'm just a gangsta I suppose... - Avon Barksdale
CC
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:47 pm

Until Law proves his is Top 5 CB again. He should be left off the discussion.

If he was so good still (without question)... Shouldn't he then have a contract?
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Plindsey88 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 2:57 pm

koffeeboy wrote:Until Law proves his is Top 5 CB again. He should be left off the discussion.

If he was so good still (without question)... Shouldn't he then have a contract?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't he go to the Pro-Bowl last year?

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:07 pm

I am not sure if he did or did not. ESPN does not have him listed that I can see.

But if he were still considered a top 5 CB (which he could be again), then I am sure that would merit at least a 1 in 32 chance of a contract offer.

Until he signs somewhere and proves he is over his injury, he should not be considered a top 5 CB.

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:12 pm

koffeeboy wrote:I am not sure if he did or did not. ESPN does not have him listed that I can see.

But if he were still considered a top 5 CB (which he could be again), then I am sure that would merit at least a 1 in 32 chance of a contract offer.

Until he signs somewhere and proves he is over his injury, he should not be considered a top 5 CB.

Thats fair. Although I would disgaree slightly and overlook the injury in this type of speculative who's-the-best assesment. Just like CWoodson - I consider CWoodson to be one of the most dominating CBs in the NFL, but he cant stay healthy for more than half a yr.

Similarly if Law is healthy, he has to make this list.
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby koffeeboy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:16 pm

Cornbread Maxwell wrote:
koffeeboy wrote:I am not sure if he did or did not. ESPN does not have him listed that I can see.

Thats fair. Although I would disgaree slightly and overlook the injury in this type of speculative who's-the-best assesment. Just like CWoodson - I consider CWoodson to be one of the most dominating CBs in the NFL, but he cant stay healthy for more than half a yr.

Similarly if Law is healthy, he has to make this list.

A player that doesn't play in the majority of his team's games... Should be disqualified.

I love Law and want him to be a Raider more than anything. I am huge C-Wood fan... But health is as much a part of their performance as not. If they can't play... it doesn't matter how good they could be.

koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby TheHeat24 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:43 pm

1. Champ Bailey
2.Patrick Surtain
3.Chris McAlister
4.Marcus Trufant
5.Antoine Winfield

I would love to put Quentin Jammer on this list but his interception numbers arent ther yet even though he always has lockdown coverage(i know the chargers are always at the bottom
of the league in pass D but the other starting corner is Sammy Davis and only one safety is servicable...) . He had surgery in the offseason to correct his vision which caused him to misjudge the deep balls(as evidenced by that pass to santana moss in the playoff game going right through his hands) which was the same type of surgery Andre Johnson had a couple years back...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Ripcord » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:43 pm

does anyone else think it's awesome that the Chiefs could have the best Cornerback Tandum in the league. Assuming Law is healthy and the Chiefs sign him, they could have 2 of the top 5 cornerbacks in the league.

Just want to mention this *cough*raiders suck*cough* I once was worried that Moss would kill the Chiefs d but now I am worried for the Oakland D trying to stop the best team in the NFL. Chiefs go 16-0 is my bold prediction.
"To get the full affects of it you really have to be in my seat"
Ripcord
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:45 pm

I like Rolle and McAlister the most personally. Although, it doesn't hurt that they have Ed Reed back there with them.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk