Top 5 Cornerbacks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Top 5 Cornerbacks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Free Bagel » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:49 pm

So is now a good time to point out that thread from last year when everyone was proclaiming that Law was the best CB in the league after the game where he had 3 picks in Indy and I was telling you all it was a flavor of the week type thing? ;).

Oh how the mighty have fallen.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Mon Jul 18, 2005 11:54 pm

Free Bagel wrote:So is now a good time to point out that thread from last year when everyone was proclaiming that Law was the best CB in the league after the game where he had 3 picks in Indy and I was telling you all it was a flavor of the week type thing? ;).

Or got injured. ;-7
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:05 am

MadScott wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:So is now a good time to point out that thread from last year when everyone was proclaiming that Law was the best CB in the league after the game where he had 3 picks in Indy and I was telling you all it was a flavor of the week type thing? ;).

Or got injured. ;-7

I see a handful of people with (if healthy) next to Law's name and still well outside the top 1.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:13 am

Free Bagel wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Or got injured. ;-7

I see a handful of people with (if healthy) next to Law's name and still well outside the top 1.

Outside of the top 1, yes, but if you check the title of the thread, it's "top 5 CBs" and he seems to be making the list in quite a few.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:16 am

MadScott wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Or got injured. ;-7

Outside of the top 1, yes, but if you check the title of the thread, it's "top 5 CBs" and he seems to be making the list in quite a few.

Uh, yeah, and my point was that in the other thread he was widely regarded as #1. In fact in that thread I specifically said he was top 5 but not #1 but everyone else had him #1.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby MadScott » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:24 am

Free Bagel wrote:
MadScott wrote:
Free Bagel wrote:
MadScott wrote:

Or got injured. ;-7

Uh, yeah, and my point was that in the other thread he was widely regarded as #1. In fact in that thread I specifically said he was top 5 but not #1 but everyone else had him #1.

Falling from the top spot (I guess is what you are saying others were calling him in the other thread) to somewhere in the top 5 is a "mighty" fall?
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby terpfan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 1:15 am

I wish I had seen this earlier and swayed you away from McAlister so I could have had him! :,-(
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Postby Evolution » Tue Jul 19, 2005 6:14 am

Putting together a top 5 is quite difficult. Honestly, it's basically

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McAlister
----------------------
(lots of people I haven't really ranked in this tier)
Ty Law
Patrick Surtain
Troy Vincent
Charles Woodson (when healthy)
Samari Rolle
Shawn Springs (when healthy)
Fred Smoot
Ronde Barber

I could add more to the list, but I feel anybody there could be as high as #3 on that list.
[b][url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=224384]What happened to Evo?[/url][/b]
Evolution
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 Survivor

Pro Bowl?

Postby anderbudd » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:03 pm

Ty Law wasn't in the pro bowl last year. He only played in about 6 games. . .
anderbudd
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Pick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:07 pm

Evolution wrote:Putting together a top 5 is quite difficult. Honestly, it's basically

1. Champ Bailey
2. Chris McAlister
----------------------

You really can't argue that, although I'd place McAlister above Champ. You could say that McAlister is better because of the team he plays for, but I still think he's more consistent than Champ.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk