A Moron's guide to the Leos, pt 2 sub-tiltle fair warning! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

A Moron's guide to the Leos, pt 2 sub-tiltle fair warning!

Moderator: Football Moderators

A Moron's guide to the Leos, pt 2 sub-tiltle fair warning!

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 22, 2003 5:49 pm

Okay, I’ve recovered from the debacle in Cincinnati, and I’ve cleaned up the vomit from the compound that is my keyboard. One word of advice-STAY AWAY FROM TH E LEOS ON THE ROAD! I can think of nothing good that came out of that game. Insight into the future of Charles Rogers, he will drop passes on occasion. In fact in his last season at MSU he dropped way too many easy catches. Another one of those receivers that can make the circus catches and drops the easiest. Anyway, like a good trooper we’ll shake off the Lions latest sucker punch, grab our Dramamine and prepare for the next game.
Lions’ players fantasy-ballers need to look for against the Browns:
Joey Harrington-He talks about leadership and passing accuracy, yet has produced neither. The 3rd preseason game is supposed to be the dress rehearsal for the regular season and expect Joey to play the whole first half and a little of the 3rd quarter. Watch to see if Joey can move the team, especially in the first half. See if he can locate a second WR. It seems he can never find another receiver down field when his first read isn’t open. If there is a pass rush early, see if he throws the ball away quickly. Look to see if he starts rushing his reads and passes. Look for happy feet. These are all disturbing trends that I have noticed so far in Harrington’s career. If he shows these negative tendencies you may want to reconsider his place on your roster.
The backup RB position will be looked at with Bryson finally healthy enough to see time. Unless he shows great quickness and receiving skills, look for Luke Staley and Bryson to share backup duties. Cobourne will also get a look. They like his elusiveness, but he is a long shot. In either event, barring a stellar showing by Bryson, look for J Stew to carry the bulk of the RB chances. If he stays healthy he may be a great #2 back. 1,100+ yds and 50-60- receptions would not be out of the question.
Mickael Ricks will play and look to see if he can get open down field. He gained weight over the off-season to help with his blocking and I would like to see if it takes away from his speed. He could be a sleeper TE this year.
Az Hakim will not play until opening game, so Rogers should see plenty of time. I would like to see him run some deep routes to see if he has the break away speed he was known for in college.
And for anyone dumb enough to grab the Lions D- look for the D-line play with the addition of Big Daddy Wilkerson. He and Rogers may shut off the inside running game. Their secondary will still be missing Dr. Dre Bly. Funny he had never missed a game before joining the Lions, now we can’t get him on the field. His ankle should be ready for opening game.
So grab your fantasy notebook, some beer and pretzels (and some pain killers if you are a Lions fan!), and enjoy the most meaningful Lions preseason game.
:-o

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Homeless » Fri Aug 22, 2003 6:46 pm

Great post ;-D I enjoyed reading it.
Homeless
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: I could be anywhere! and so could my SILK scarf! M&M's anyone ?

Return to Detroit Lions