Why do a 1 qb league??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why do a 1 qb league???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why do a 1 qb league???

Postby Shader » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:17 pm

I must say, I did 1 quarterback leagues for years until last year, and I will never go back.

In a 1qb league, 22 quarterback's performances get wasted every Sunday...That is alot of fantasy production on the bench. Also, in a 1 qb league, only the true superstars have much worth. Once you are past Manning/Culpepper...the next 10 guys are really all the same.

If you haven't played a 2 qb league, I suggest you try. I have no doubts you'll keep playing it from here on out.

The only negative is if you are in a 12-14 team league, in which it simply isn't possible, but otherwise, try it out...you'll love it.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:19 pm

Ive tried it and didnt like it.

To each his own. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor

Postby koffeeboy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:21 pm

I am stuck in one league with the sorry *ss QB unit rule. I have tried for years to get in removed, but I keep coming up just short. 1 vote short in fact this year.

But being a large league they feel it protects them. Whatever.

Starting 2 QB's would only be reasonably possible in 8-10 team leagues.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:24 pm

Never tried it and I don't plan on trying it. With bye weeks, injuries and overall bad play from the bottom 5-7 teams, there is no need for me to have 1 of those QBs starting on my team. Give me the top 10 or 12 QBs with an occasional bye week QB and my league is just fine.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Re: Why do a 1 qb league???

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:14 pm

Shader wrote:I must say, I did 1 quarterback leagues for years until last year, and I will never go back.

In a 1qb league, 22 quarterback's performances get wasted every Sunday...That is alot of fantasy production on the bench. Also, in a 1 qb league, only the true superstars have much worth. Once you are past Manning/Culpepper...the next 10 guys are really all the same.

If you haven't played a 2 qb league, I suggest you try. I have no doubts you'll keep playing it from here on out.

The only negative is if you are in a 12-14 team league, in which it simply isn't possible, but otherwise, try it out...you'll love it.

If you're so worried about fantasy production being wasted, get out of those little leagues and get in the bigger ones. 8 and 10 team leagues are for fantasy newbies.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Shader » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:17 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
Shader wrote:I must say, I did 1 quarterback leagues for years until last year, and I will never go back.

If you're so worried about fantasy production being wasted, get out of those little leagues and get in the bigger ones. 8 and 10 team leagues are for fantasy newbies.

lol that is ridiculous.

we start 2 qb's, 1 wr, 1 rb and 4 offensive flex..trust me we aren't newbies..
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby catch22 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:19 pm

Ive done both and prefer the 1 Qb leagues. Probably cause Im used to it. I suggest you try an auction league. I truley believe you try that and you wont want to go back.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby benm3218 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:32 pm

I've done both and prefer the 2 qb one. I am doing both this year again, and the 2 qb one is where some real strategy is involved of the 2 I'm in this year.

I am not new to this either.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:34 pm

Shader wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:

lol that is ridiculous.

we start 2 qb's, 1 wr, 1 rb and 4 offensive flex..trust me we aren't newbies..

I didn't mean to imply that you were a newbie. Just saying leagues with small lineups like that one you posted and with 8 teams leaves alot of people on the bench. You're example is not that big of a lineup. I'm assuming you have a te,k and def with that, and that is only 88 or 110 starters each week. That's small potatoes. Get in a league with 20 starters and 16 teams and that's entirely different,320 starters each week! An owner is forced to know more and do more....Those type are more designed for veteran owners as newbies can't handle em. My implication was meant for you(as a vet) to seek out the larger leagues.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby Azrael » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:37 pm

The auction league is the way to go if you can get your league to agree to it.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Next

Return to Football Talk