Why do a 1 qb league??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to Football Talk

Why do a 1 qb league???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Why do a 1 qb league???

Postby Shader » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:17 pm

I must say, I did 1 quarterback leagues for years until last year, and I will never go back.

In a 1qb league, 22 quarterback's performances get wasted every Sunday...That is alot of fantasy production on the bench. Also, in a 1 qb league, only the true superstars have much worth. Once you are past Manning/Culpepper...the next 10 guys are really all the same.

If you haven't played a 2 qb league, I suggest you try. I have no doubts you'll keep playing it from here on out.

The only negative is if you are in a 12-14 team league, in which it simply isn't possible, but otherwise, try it out...you'll love it.
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 367
Joined: 4 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby Cornbread Maxwell » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:19 pm

Ive tried it and didnt like it.

To each his own. ;-D
Cornbread Maxwell
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 5924
Joined: 7 Jul 2003
Home Cafe: Football

Postby koffeeboy » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:21 pm

I am stuck in one league with the sorry *ss QB unit rule. I have tried for years to get in removed, but I keep coming up just short. 1 vote short in fact this year.

But being a large league they feel it protects them. Whatever.

Starting 2 QB's would only be reasonably possible in 8-10 team leagues.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 510
Joined: 18 Aug 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Sacramento, CA

Postby dream_017 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 3:24 pm

Never tried it and I don't plan on trying it. With bye weeks, injuries and overall bad play from the bottom 5-7 teams, there is no need for me to have 1 of those QBs starting on my team. Give me the top 10 or 12 QBs with an occasional bye week QB and my league is just fine.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

User avatar
ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 15301
(Past Year: 58)
Joined: 3 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Ford Field: Section - 132; Row - 19; Seat - 11

Re: Why do a 1 qb league???

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:14 pm

Shader wrote:I must say, I did 1 quarterback leagues for years until last year, and I will never go back.

In a 1qb league, 22 quarterback's performances get wasted every Sunday...That is alot of fantasy production on the bench. Also, in a 1 qb league, only the true superstars have much worth. Once you are past Manning/Culpepper...the next 10 guys are really all the same.

If you haven't played a 2 qb league, I suggest you try. I have no doubts you'll keep playing it from here on out.

The only negative is if you are in a 12-14 team league, in which it simply isn't possible, but otherwise, try it out...you'll love it.


If you're so worried about fantasy production being wasted, get out of those little leagues and get in the bigger ones. 8 and 10 team leagues are for fantasy newbies.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2523
Joined: 5 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tucson Arizona

Re: Why do a 1 qb league???

Postby Shader » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:17 pm

Pete123444 wrote:
Shader wrote:I must say, I did 1 quarterback leagues for years until last year, and I will never go back.

In a 1qb league, 22 quarterback's performances get wasted every Sunday...That is alot of fantasy production on the bench. Also, in a 1 qb league, only the true superstars have much worth. Once you are past Manning/Culpepper...the next 10 guys are really all the same.

If you haven't played a 2 qb league, I suggest you try. I have no doubts you'll keep playing it from here on out.

The only negative is if you are in a 12-14 team league, in which it simply isn't possible, but otherwise, try it out...you'll love it.


If you're so worried about fantasy production being wasted, get out of those little leagues and get in the bigger ones. 8 and 10 team leagues are for fantasy newbies.


lol that is ridiculous.

we start 2 qb's, 1 wr, 1 rb and 4 offensive flex..trust me we aren't newbies..
Shader
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar

Posts: 367
Joined: 4 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tennessee

Postby catch22 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:19 pm

Ive done both and prefer the 1 Qb leagues. Probably cause Im used to it. I suggest you try an auction league. I truley believe you try that and you wont want to go back.
Image
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3074
Joined: 13 Jul 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Lost but not found

Postby benm3218 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:32 pm

I've done both and prefer the 2 qb one. I am doing both this year again, and the 2 qb one is where some real strategy is involved of the 2 I'm in this year.

I am not new to this either.
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar

Posts: 719
Joined: 12 Aug 2004
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Nashville watching Pacman get arrested again...

Re: Why do a 1 qb league???

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:34 pm

Shader wrote:
Pete123444 wrote:
Shader wrote:I must say, I did 1 quarterback leagues for years until last year, and I will never go back.

In a 1qb league, 22 quarterback's performances get wasted every Sunday...That is alot of fantasy production on the bench. Also, in a 1 qb league, only the true superstars have much worth. Once you are past Manning/Culpepper...the next 10 guys are really all the same.

If you haven't played a 2 qb league, I suggest you try. I have no doubts you'll keep playing it from here on out.

The only negative is if you are in a 12-14 team league, in which it simply isn't possible, but otherwise, try it out...you'll love it.


If you're so worried about fantasy production being wasted, get out of those little leagues and get in the bigger ones. 8 and 10 team leagues are for fantasy newbies.


lol that is ridiculous.

we start 2 qb's, 1 wr, 1 rb and 4 offensive flex..trust me we aren't newbies..


I didn't mean to imply that you were a newbie. Just saying leagues with small lineups like that one you posted and with 8 teams leaves alot of people on the bench. You're example is not that big of a lineup. I'm assuming you have a te,k and def with that, and that is only 88 or 110 starters each week. That's small potatoes. Get in a league with 20 starters and 16 teams and that's entirely different,320 starters each week! An owner is forced to know more and do more....Those type are more designed for veteran owners as newbies can't handle em. My implication was meant for you(as a vet) to seek out the larger leagues.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

User avatar
Sweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 2523
Joined: 5 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Tucson Arizona

Postby Azrael » Mon Jul 18, 2005 4:37 pm

The auction league is the way to go if you can get your league to agree to it.
Image
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

User avatar
Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
Posts: 8283
(Past Year: 7)
Joined: 29 Jun 2003
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Keeping da cafe sucka free for 9 years straight

Next

Return to Football Talk

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 18:03 hours
(and 45 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact