Why do a 1 qb league??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Why do a 1 qb league???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby benm3218 » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:07 pm

Heck, why not do a 20 team, 4 person keeper league? If you want to be challenged.

I prefer a 10 team league. It doesnt sound fun at all to have a team full of scrubs that are starter worthy......
benm3218
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby FF Newbie » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:15 pm

I play in a 2 QB, 4 keeper league expanding to 12 teams this year. We're sticking with the 2 QB format. I can't wait to see the carnage that ensues when people realize there aren't enough backup QBs to go around during bye weeks!
FF Newbie
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Registered_Guest » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:16 pm

I prefer 2 QB leagues as well. I've gotten so accustomed to it, I'll probably not go back to 1 anytime soon.
Registered_Guest
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 19)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby cardiac cats » Mon Jul 18, 2005 5:55 pm

I totally agree with you dude... 2 Qb league is def. the way to go. It just seems funner that way and makes the draft complete chaos... and hell we've played a 12 teamer the past 2 years and had no problems with it. At the worst, if any starting problems arise, you just bang away at the trade block... so it's kinda good actually as it facilitates trades... come on, every league starts at least 2 rbs, so why not 2 qb's as well. 32 starting rb's in nfl/ 32 starting qb's in nfl, I don't see why you should leave out 20 some odd qb's for just backup roles. ;-D

but hey, some ppl say cucumber taste better than a pickle :~(
cardiac cats
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Manja » Mon Jul 18, 2005 6:10 pm

Cucumbers soaked in lemon and sprinkled with salt taste better than pickles.
Manja
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby mnheadliner » Mon Jul 18, 2005 7:43 pm

I admit I have never tried a 2 QB league, but I would only go there if fellow owners dragged me there kicking and screaming.

Auction is the way to go. Once we went that format years and years and years ago (just when the trend was starting to gain speed) I have never done it any other way.
mnheadliner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Ek » Mon Jul 18, 2005 10:34 pm

The difference between the QB and RB position is that, while many NFL teams have more than one running back that is used enough to be worth having (Dunn/Duckett, Staley/Bettis, The Vikings mess, etc), no NFL team has recently played multiple QBs in a game (barring injury or truly god-awful performance) as a strategy to win games. Thus, there actually about 40 RBs that are on the fantasy radar each week, while there will never be more than 32 QBs slated to start in a given week. That said, it would be fun to see owners squeezed into starting Luke McCown/Jonathan Quinn-type guys just because they're likely to get some reps and may put up four or five points (which at least two teams in every league resorts to a RB), so I won't knock it anymore until I've tried it.
Ek
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby PACKman1144 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:02 pm

I like 1 alot better. I was in a 2 Qb league and it just didn't work, but then again that's probally just because i've always done 1 starting QB. But which ever way you like play FF that way
PACKman1144
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby agchris02 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:15 am

catch22 wrote:Ive done both and prefer the 1 Qb leagues. Probably cause Im used to it. I suggest you try an auction league. I truley believe you try that and you wont want to go back.

Ive been yelling this for years, most people just dont want to put the time or effort into researching an auction. They take skill. That aside, they are VASTLY SUPERIOR, hands down, no arguments. You get the players you want at the values you think they should go at. As long as your careful, no one will get a player at a vaule they shouldnt. (which makes the best part of the draft being on who to call out to bid for, i dont know why there isnt more discussion on that -- calling for LT or the baltomire defense first is an interesting conversation)

anyways, just my two cents

as for differant positions in leagues, Ive played in a 12 team, 2QB, 2RB, 2WR, 1TE, 1 FLex, 1K, 1D league for years -- and i think thats teh best configuration

I REALLY dont like the idea of 1rb, 1wr, and 3 or 4 flex though, no need todraft anything fast, EXCETP your qbs
agchris02
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk