Thrash leaves game with head and neck injuries - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thrash leaves game with head and neck injuries

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thrash leaves game with head and neck injuries

Postby EatMyShorts092 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:17 pm

August 22, 2003
PHILADELPHIA (AP) -- Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver James Thrash left Friday night's preseason game against New England on a stretcher with head and neck injuries.

Thrash was injured when he landed awkwardly after being hit by defensive back Ty Law while leaping for a high pass from Donovan McNabb. Thrash went in for X-rays. There was no immediate word on the extent of the injuries.

Most of the Eagles and many of New England's players went onto the field to greet Thrash.

Thrash had 52 catches for 635 yards and six touchdowns last season, his second with the Eagles.

How will this effect Mcnabb and the rest of the Eagles offense?
EatMyShorts092
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Payne Dailey » Fri Aug 22, 2003 8:52 pm

Not much, Thrash has been a roller coaster in terms of consistency. McNabb is going to put up the numbers no matter who's in the huddle.
Payne Dailey
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Antonio Freeman?

Postby lifeform » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:42 pm

There has been some buzz here in Philadelphia about the possibility of the Eagles signing Antonio Freeman to another 1-year deal. (Freeman's currently a free agent looking for a team.)

If Thrash is out for any extended period of time, I'd say the likelihood of Freeman coming in increases -- and Freeman's not a bad guy to have as a #3 reciever or spot starter. If my memory serves me, he had around 600 yds & 6 or 7 TD w/ the Eagles last year. (His second half numbers dipped considerably, though.)
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby yoda83 » Sat Aug 23, 2003 2:55 pm

the question is, what does this do for pinkston? i had already pegged him as a possible sleeper (he had better numbers than thrash last year). obviously, w/ thrash out of the lineup, there's more room for pinkston's stats, but defenses can focus on him a little more. what do you guys think?
yoda83
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LeftyQB » Sat Aug 23, 2003 4:15 pm

Damn...I got Thrash yesterday in an auto draft as my number 4 WR.
LeftyQB
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Thrash ok

Postby lifeform » Sat Aug 23, 2003 8:40 pm

As I mentioned in another thread, the local news here in Philadelphia is reporting that Thrash will miss the Eagles final preseason game, but is expected to play in the regular season opener (against Tampa Bay on Monday Night).
Everything you know is wrong.
lifeform
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk