Cafe IDP Rankings Discussion - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe IDP Rankings Discussion

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Pete123444 » Mon Aug 01, 2005 10:27 pm

At least it's something for some guys to go by.

No love for Osi Umenyiora who finished 7th in my league and y'all have him ranked 27th. And G Spires fron TB was 14th and he didn't even make it.

As for Suggs, Baltimore is listed as a base 4-3 now not a 3-4 and Suggs is going into the season as a DL not LB this year.

I also think K Bell will be a top 50 LB this year easy.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 7:42 am

Pete123444 wrote:At least it's something for some guys to go by.

No love for Osi Umenyiora who finished 7th in my league and y'all have him ranked 27th. And G Spires fron TB was 14th and he didn't even make it.

As for Suggs, Baltimore is listed as a base 4-3 now not a 3-4 and Suggs is going into the season as a DL not LB this year.

I also think K Bell will be a top 50 LB this year easy.

We debated about Suggs and decided to list him at LB due to the fact NFL.com and the Ravens had him listed at LB at the time we did the rankings, which was awhile ago for some people.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dazedncnfz » Tue Aug 02, 2005 11:57 am

I'd like to know how you leave a guy like Bob Sanders off your list...many sites and many ppl feel he has the potential to be a top 10 DB this year...hes the starting SS for the Colts and as most ppl know SS are the best postion to get points for any DB...

You guys don't seem to take into affect for example Mike Brown is back at SS, coming off any injury and Mike Green lost his job to Brown and is being moved back to FS...along with Mike Minter who is being moved to FS as the rookie Davis is taking the SS job...

These moves alone cause drops in Green and Minter and raise Brown's and Davis's value...That list needs some tweeking, is all I'm saying.

T.S. - "You don't have to love me, but you will [b]RESPECT[/b] me"
Dazedncnfz
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Plindsey88 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:23 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:I'd like to know how you leave a guy like Bob Sanders off your list...many sites and many ppl feel he has the potential to be a top 10 DB this year...hes the starting SS for the Colts and as most ppl know SS are the best postion to get points for any DB...

You guys don't seem to take into affect for example Mike Brown is back at SS, coming off any injury and Mike Green lost his job to Brown and is being moved back to FS...along with Mike Minter who is being moved to FS as the rookie Davis is taking the SS job...

These moves alone cause drops in Green and Minter and raise Brown's and Davis's value...That list needs some tweeking, is all I'm saying.

We do have Thomas Davis ranked above Mike Minter....

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby VaderFin » Tue Aug 02, 2005 12:49 pm

We said before we handed in the rankings that ranking the DBs was going to be a monumental task with lots of variations in how people saw things. The best players aren't the best fantasy players and the better fantasy players are sometimes more obsure players.

I think the list is a nice draft tool for anyone doing IDPs and obviously could be tweaked to the individual players tastes and scoring system.

An overrall nice job I think. ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:09 pm

VaderFin wrote:We said before we handed in the rankings that ranking the DBs was going to be a monumental task with lots of variations in how people saw things. The best players aren't the best fantasy players and the better fantasy players are sometimes more obsure players.

I think the list is a nice draft tool for anyone doing IDPs and obviously could be tweaked to the individual players tastes and scoring system.

An overrall nice job I think. ;-D

Agreed ;-D

Defensive players are much harder to rank in terms of fantasy production as opposed to their offensive counterparts. I think overall this is a very good list to go into a draft with.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 69)

Postby ironman » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:49 pm

Dazedncnfz wrote:I'd like to know how you leave a guy like Bob Sanders off your list...many sites and many ppl feel he has the potential to be a top 10 DB this year...hes the starting SS for the Colts and as most ppl know SS are the best postion to get points for any DB...

I do think Bob Sanders will be good. While he didn't make my 25 he would've been in my Top 30. Also if you look at my DB rankings I took into account the other stuff you said about Brown/Green and Minter/Davis, although I may be criticized for possibly overrating Davis. Overall my DB rankings came out quite a bit different than a lot of others.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby ironman » Wed Aug 03, 2005 2:50 pm

VaderFin wrote:IDP's have been posted!!

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/player_rankings.php

Glad to see these up. Thanks to everyone that helped contribute. ;-D
ironman
Offensive Coordinator