Ricky Williams - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Ricky Williams

Moderator: Football Moderators

Ricky Williams

Postby johnnie2130 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:58 am

I was wondering how much, if any PT everybody thinks RW will get this year. I've been around Saban for the last 5 years at LSU and he's one to give a guy a second chance. If RW can help the Dolphins, I think Saban will play him and maybe play him a lot. Everything RW has done wasn't on Saban's watch, so I think he'll give him every chance to prove himself, although he'll be on a short lease. If he gets PT, it will take carries away from R. Brown and decrease his value. What are your thoughts on this?
johnnie2130
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby VHawk15 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:55 am

After Ricky serves his four game suspension, I see Ricky getting about 70-80% of the carries. They'll want to have Ronnie involved in the offense, but as long as Ricky is producing even close to his former self (which really doesn't say much, given his 3 YPC), then he'll get the bulk of the carries.

In other words, neither Miami RB is worthy of a #3 RB spot on your fantasy team.

The more you can increase fear of drugs and crime, welfare mothers, immigrants and aliens, the more you control all the people. -Noam Chomsky
VHawk15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 19, 2005 11:59 am

I see Ricky comming back after serving the 4 game suspension and sucking. The Rasta hasn't played a competitive down in a year and a half and hasn't kept in game shape. Plus, he's a flake and Saban's a control freak. Bad combo, methinks.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 12:13 pm

I think Ronnie is going to give it everything he's got to earn the starting roll, and after Ricky pees in about 50 cups, some other team will trade for him. But I do not see him disrupting the team or fans in Miami with any real playing time.

He's still a stoner jerk in my book.
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby gladee88er » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:29 pm

what's wrong with stoners?
gladee88er
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:32 pm

gladee88er wrote:what's wrong with stoners?

They show up late and eat too much snacks :-D

Seriously, Ronnie Brown's best hope is that Jacksonville tries to acquire Ricky to replace Fred Taylor.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Nfl Fan » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:42 pm

gladee88er wrote:what's wrong with stoners?

Actually, I appreciate stoners.

Like, dude... when I was one, it just meant there
were more good jobs out there for everybody else.

Kinda like Ricky. :-°
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:50 pm

I wouldn't touch Ronnie Brown with a 10 foot pole this season. Ricky Williams is not some run of the mill RB you can just dismiss. He missed one year (not due to injury mind you) and people think he's over the hill? Willis Mcgahee missed a season due to a knee pointing the wrong direction and a year later he's the freaking messiah.

It's fun and all to crack Ricky jokes and make stoner references, but does anyone honestly think his skills have diminished that much? Ricky is 28 years old and has proven he can reliably handle FOUR HUNDRED carries in a season (2002 AND 2003) and be very effective with them. This guy was a fantasy first round pick before his retirement for a reason.... <b>HE'S PROVEN ALL PRO MATERIAL</b> Uppercase and bolded for those people who tend to forget that.
--

Brown being the least talented of the big 3 in my mind, I would be very scared that Ricky not only makes a big contribution to the team this year, but perhaps Miami hangs onto him for the future as well. Remember how Ronnie Brown was only a late first round prospect before the combine? Guess what, he's still a late first round pick with good measurables, just like Troy Williamson. If you want to count on him as the sure-thing Dolphin's feature RB with Ricky Williams still in town be my guest.... *cough* sucker *cough*
---

Honestly, I don't know what the coaches are going to do with this situation... All I know is that I am supremely more confident in former All-Pro Ricky Williams than I am in #2 draft pick Ronnie Brown. IF Ricky gets traded, THEN Ronnie Brown may be worth an early pick, but personally, I still won't draft him there. As it stands right now, I feel that Brown should be closer to an 7th or 8th round pick, with Williams perhaps lasting a round or two later.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricky Williams going before Ronnie Brown in drafts before the season begins.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby proKrastinate » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:05 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I wouldn't touch Ronnie Brown with a 10 foot pole this season. Ricky Williams is not some run of the mill RB you can just dismiss. He missed one year (not due to injury mind you) and people think he's over the hill? Willis Mcgahee missed a season due to a knee pointing the wrong direction and a year later he's the freaking messiah.

It's fun and all to crack Ricky jokes and make stoner references, but does anyone honestly think his skills have diminished that much? Ricky is 28 years old and has proven he can reliably handle FOUR HUNDRED carries in a season (2002 AND 2003) and be very effective with them. This guy was a fantasy first round pick before his retirement for a reason.... <b>HE'S PROVEN ALL PRO MATERIAL</b> Uppercase and bolded for those people who tend to forget that.
--

Brown being the least talented of the big 3 in my mind, I would be very scared that Ricky not only makes a big contribution to the team this year, but perhaps Miami hangs onto him for the future as well. Remember how Ronnie Brown was only a late first round prospect before the combine? Guess what, he's still a late first round pick with good measurables, just like Troy Williamson. If you want to count on him as the sure-thing Dolphin's feature RB with Ricky Williams still in town be my guest.... *cough* sucker *cough*
---

Honestly, I don't know what the coaches are going to do with this situation... All I know is that I am supremely more confident in former All-Pro Ricky Williams than I am in #2 draft pick Ronnie Brown. IF Ricky gets traded, THEN Ronnie Brown may be worth an early pick, but personally, I still won't draft him there. As it stands right now, I feel that Brown should be closer to an 7th or 8th round pick, with Williams perhaps lasting a round or two later.

I wouldn't be surprised to see Ricky Williams going before Ronnie Brown in drafts before the season begins.

Thanks Kensat for not having to type exactly what you just said. (though you probably said it better than I would have anyway)
The only thing I would disagree with is that I would be surprised if people started drafting Ricky over Ronnie. Not because of worth but because of the way people like to crack on Ricky. They make fun and thus it lowers his value in their minds. Which makes him a better value to me :)
proKrastinate
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Tyr » Tue Jul 19, 2005 5:00 pm

...for as much fun as everyone pokes at Ricky, he's still been kept in EVERY keeper/dynasty league that I'm in.

The only way I can see Ronnie Brown being worth an early pick are in currently existing deep keepers and dynasty leagues, and frankly, even before the season starts, I think next year's batch of NFL eligible RBs will be a far better prospect.
Tyr
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk