Foster - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Foster

Moderator: Football Moderators

Foster

Postby bellybrother » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:27 pm

I just read on cbs that Carolina is trying to sign Foster to an extension as he's a FA after this year, but he's having none of it. Wants to play out this year and test his value on the open market. To me that doesn't sound like he or Carolina are too worried about his "injury concerns". Interesting.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:40 pm

Supposedly, Foster has all the talent in the world. But in 3 years he has played 0, 14, and 4 games and he has started a total of 5 games. He's got alot to prove before I would offer him a long term contract.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Gunslinger » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:44 pm

VaderFin wrote:Supposedly, Foster has all the talent in the world. But in 3 years he has played 0, 14, and 4 games and he has started a total of 5 games. He's got alot to prove before I would offer him a long term contract.

I think that's the point. Carolina is trying to sign him now while his value is low. If he does finish the season and performs well, it will cost them a heck of a lot more money to keep him.
Gunslinger
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby bellybrother » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:51 pm

Gunslinger wrote:
VaderFin wrote:Supposedly, Foster has all the talent in the world. But in 3 years he has played 0, 14, and 4 games and he has started a total of 5 games. He's got alot to prove before I would offer him a long term contract.

I think that's the point. Carolina is trying to sign him now while his value is low. If he does finish the season and performs well, it will cost them a heck of a lot more money to keep him.

And that's my point, if they're willing to give him an extension.....and HE SAID NO!!!!! whats' that mean? are they not worried about his knee from his rookie year? Obviously his collarbone from last year is ok. And that was obviously fluky. Obviously he thinks so. If it were me and I was worried about staying healthy and THEN getting a big payday, I would jump on the money now. And if I was the one offering the extension, I wouldn't do that if I thought he was an injury waiting to happen.

bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby VaderFin » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:55 pm

Gunslinger wrote:

True. But he will never sign for the cheap amount they will want to give him with his history.

He's going to hope for that big contract year season to get paid.....I don't think he can do it, personally.
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby koffeeboy » Tue Jul 19, 2005 2:55 pm

Cant blame Carolina for trying to get him before his value goes up.

Cant blame Foster for laughing.

Hopefully this isn't reminiscent of Juan Gonzalez and Detroit in MLB (turning down 140 million just to go out and get injured)... From Foster's point of view.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:30 pm

Or this could be good for the guys behind Foster. If Foster doesn't want to sign an extension, the team might test out its other RBs moreso than if he would have made the deal. I mean, why not see what your other guys can do during the season to determine if its worth signing Foster as a FA.
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:35 pm

Missed his rookie season due to injury (hello Willis MCgahee). Played behind another RB his sophmore season (hello Mcgahee again). Suffered an unlucky collarbone injury when he got his chance last season (Charles Rogers). Now he's injury prone and even untalented to some people.

I would think that his mainstream exposure in the '03 playoffs against two of the top defenses in the league, and his current position atop the Panther's depth chart, should be enough for people to take a chance on him. Personally, I would love to be able to draft Foster as my #3 or #4 RB in the 5th, 6th, or even a later round.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby bellybrother » Tue Jul 19, 2005 3:55 pm

Kensat30 wrote:

Missed his rookie season due to injury (hello Willis MCgahee). Played behind another RB his sophmore season (hello Mcgahee again). Suffered an unlucky collarbone injury when he got his chance last season (Charles Rogers). Now he's injury prone and even untalented to some people.

I would think that his mainstream exposure in the '03 playoffs against two of the top defenses in the league, and his current position atop the Panther's depth chart, should be enough for people to take a chance on him. Personally, I would love to be able to draft Foster as my #3 or #4 RB in the 5th, 6th, or even a later round.

That's where he's going in the mocks I've done.

bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Free Bagel » Tue Jul 19, 2005 4:16 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I would think that his mainstream exposure in the '03 playoffs against two of the top defenses in the league, and his current position atop the Panther's depth chart, should be enough for people to take a chance on him. Personally, I would love to be able to draft Foster as my #3 or #4 RB in the 5th, 6th, or even a later round.

Mainstream exposure against two of the top defenses in the league? I'm sure you're not calling STL a top 2 defense, either that or you're considering his whopping 3 carries against NE "mainstream exposure", and his whopping 14 against Philly, who is surely not a top 2 defense. The kid has more injuries than he has 100 yard rushing games. He's got more starts where he averaged less than 3 yards per carry than he does starts where he averaged more than 4 yards per carry.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk