Roddy White...a cocky bastard - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Roddy White...a cocky bastard

Moderator: Football Moderators

Roddy White...a cocky bastard

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 19, 2005 8:00 pm

What's the latest word on Roddy White coming out of Atlanta. I've heard that the coaching staff finds him to be difficult and a bit cocky. Anyone else heard this?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Roddy

Postby tds04 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:00 pm

I have read a couple of articles about Mr. White, everything was very positive. I think there is a big difference between cofidence and cockiness. I think Roddy is just the type of receiver the Falcons need. a guy who can talk the talk and walk the walk. Their receiving core is so vanilla it's pathetic! A brash, outspoken young man in the mold of Owens, Moss, and Chad Johnson may just be what this team needs to take it to the next level. At the very least he sounds like a guy who will create some excitement about the Atlanta passing game, something we all know has been lacking since Terrance Mathis left town. I am really looking forward to training camp to find out if this guy is indeed for real.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Roddy

Postby tds04 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:01 pm

I have read a couple of articles about Mr. White, everything was very positive. I think there is a big difference between cofidence and cockiness. I think Roddy is just the type of receiver the Falcons need. a guy who can talk the talk and walk the walk. Their receiving core is so vanilla it's pathetic! A brash, outspoken young man in the mold of Owens, Moss, and Chad Johnson may just be what this team needs to take it to the next level. At the very least he sounds like a guy who will create some excitement about the Atlanta passing game, something we all know has been lacking since Terrance Mathis left town. I am really looking forward to training camp to find out if this guy is indeed for real.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:22 pm

Anyone else hear anything negative?
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:27 pm

Who cares.... it's like that commercial with Allen Iverson.

Football skills can get you a car, Football skills can get you VIP access, Football skills can get you a cocky attitude, a cocky attitude can't get you football skills.

He's talented enough to be a first round NFL draft pick, if he's not a little bit cocky I would be worried about the guy.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:37 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Who cares.... it's like that commercial with Allen Iverson.

Football skills can get you a car, Football skills can get you VIP access, Football skills can get you a cocky attitude, a cocky attitude can't get you football skills.

He's talented enough to be a first round NFL draft pick, if he's not a little bit cocky I would be worried about the guy.

Well, I care. And something tells me a lot of people do as well. Especially when I overhear some people talking about how Falcons personnel doesn't like his attitude. That's the kind of stuff you don't necessarily like to hear. Not everyone with a chip on their shoulder plays like Chad Johnson or Randy Moss. A whole lot more of them play like R.J. Soward and David Terrell. If White isn't making friends with the coaching staff, then I have a reason to be concerned. Keyshawn Johnson is argueably the cockiest NFL WR in the business, yet he's only the fifth or sixth best WR from his draft class (Harrison, Moulds, Owens, Muhammad, Horn)
so I certainly have reason to concern over Roddy White's attitude.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Re: Roddy

Postby TheHeat24 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:56 pm

tds04 wrote:I have read a couple of articles about Mr. White, everything was very positive. I think there is a big difference between cofidence and cockiness. I think Roddy is just the type of receiver the Falcons need. a guy who can talk the talk and walk the walk. Their receiving core is so vanilla it's pathetic! A brash, outspoken young man in the mold of Owens, Moss, and Chad Johnson may just be what this team needs to take it to the next level. At the very least he sounds like a guy who will create some excitement about the Atlanta passing game, something we all know has been lacking since Terrance Mathis left town. I am really looking forward to training camp to find out if this guy is indeed for real.

haha Terrance Mathis was money back in the day thats the first time ive seen his named mentioned on the cafe...

Hook em Horns
TheHeat24
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby GMoney » Tue Jul 19, 2005 9:57 pm

Can anyone tell me why Roddy White has soo much hype surrounding him??

he was pick 27? of this years draft, correct?

where as last year was meant to be a MUCH better WR class and Jenkins was pick 29....

Roddy 6-1, 200 and about a 4.4
Jenkins 6-4, 220 and about a 4.5

Now does this mean that Jenkins is going to be the moulds and Roddy the Evans???

As far as i have heard Jenkins is the one with a starting spot at the moment not Roddy....

Anyways i guess what im saying is who is going to be the more productive WR... this year... AND in the future for dynasty purposes???
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby ECW 4:20 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:02 pm

actually Jenkins runs a 4.38.
ECW 4:20
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby GMoney » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:20 pm

well whatever he runs then.

the question remains the same... why is it that people believe Roddy will eventually be the #1 wideout on this team and not Jenkins?
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Next

Return to Football Talk