$$ for cheatsheets - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

$$ for cheatsheets

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby smoyer » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:44 am

Thanks Guys.I am not desperate just asking.
smoyer
Water Boy
Water Boy

(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:45 am

The only thing I pay for is my entry fee into a league. With the free information available on the internet and magazines at libraries or bookstores there is no need to pay for cheatsheets.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby VaderFin » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:56 am

Plindsey88 wrote:Half the fun of fantasy football is doing your own research.... I think you actually diminish your enjoyment of the game by relying on some other schmuck's rankings....

Bingo! ;-D
VaderFin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby socceryank » Wed Jul 20, 2005 10:34 am

It would be ridiculous to pay for cheatsheets...all they are are some group of guys (or one guy's) opinion. Besides, many times during a draft your decision will be made for you because the guy in front of you will choose one of the 2 guys you were considering. So specific rankings won't mean as much as having tiers established.

Don't pay for anything...just use this site for advice and make up your own. ;-D
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby BrutallyHuge » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:48 am

MadScott wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:I pay for pigskinaddiction.com's Draft Guide every year.

It's not just a cheatsheet. It's BIG and it's only $8.95. Plus, it's funny...I love jokes about old players. It's PDF and they give you a free update on August 15th.

Hey BH, I heard you referring to them last season and their guide. What all is included in it? That's pretty damn reasonable if it's got any content at all, heck, most mags run that much.

Actually, on their site, they'll give you a free copy of last year's draft guide to check out for free. If you go to pigskinaddiction.com, it's on the left side "2004 Draft Guide."

89 pages. There's a decent amount of filler, but it's a one-stop-shop for me. The thing has cheatsheets, player profiles, bye week chart, rankings with explanations, general draft strategy, and other stuff. Check out the 2004 guide.
BrutallyHuge
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe RankerEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby dave416 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 1:38 pm

Kensat30 wrote:I'll be your personal draft consultant for $1. I have a tip on a hot kicker that you will not believe!

Aaron Elling?
Thanks to Guttpuppy for the sig!
dave416
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe Writer
Location: In Philadelphia wishing the Bengals were in the NFC

Postby Bennett4prez » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:14 pm

Anyone remember the website that was brought up maybe a month ago where they took different web sites and averaged them out? I want to say Guttpuppy brought up the link...
[url=http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106] Check Us Out! A New Debate Daily![/url]

TICE FIRED!
Bennett4prez
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberWeb SupporterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby Calyxes » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:21 pm

I do not think so. There are alot of free sites that will give them to you.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 6)

Postby MadScott » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:46 pm

Bennett4prez wrote:Anyone remember the website that was brought up maybe a month ago where they took different web sites and averaged them out? I want to say Guttpuppy brought up the link...

I think it was stomperrob and it's called fantasysportscentral.com. They compile numerous cheatsheets from the net including most all of the big hitters. They also update that cheatsheet during the season on a weekly basis to help in the start/bench portion of the season.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby MadScott » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:50 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:
MadScott wrote:
BrutallyHuge wrote:I pay for pigskinaddiction.com's Draft Guide every year.

It's not just a cheatsheet. It's BIG and it's only $8.95. Plus, it's funny...I love jokes about old players. It's PDF and they give you a free update on August 15th.

Hey BH, I heard you referring to them last season and their guide. What all is included in it? That's pretty damn reasonable if it's got any content at all, heck, most mags run that much.

Actually, on their site, they'll give you a free copy of last year's draft guide to check out for free. If you go to pigskinaddiction.com, it's on the left side "2004 Draft Guide."

89 pages. There's a decent amount of filler, but it's a one-stop-shop for me. The thing has cheatsheets, player profiles, bye week chart, rankings with explanations, general draft strategy, and other stuff. Check out the 2004 guide.

Cool man. I'll check it out. I use them quite a bit as I think that they offer some of the best start/bench advice during the season so nice to hear they offer other good stuff too.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk