Dynasty: Ranking the OTHER WRs - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Dynasty: Ranking the OTHER WRs

Moderator: Football Moderators

Dynasty: Ranking the OTHER WRs

Postby GMoney » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:11 pm

Ok... we are all aware of the big 3 WRs and have our own opinions as to where they are ranked...

But what about the 'other' WRs who can make an impact not only this year but in the future as well.

Last year the big 3 were Fitz, Roy Williams and Reggie Williams, BUT players like Clayton, Evans, Keary Colbert, and even Darius Watts all performed well....

So who are the Claytons and Evans and Colberts of this year? and where do they rank?

Who will have an impact out of....

Roddy White
Mark Clayton
Chris Henry
Vincent Jackson
Terrance Murphy
Mark Bradley
Reggie Brown
Roscoe Parrish

Also will any of these players be an impact fanasty player in the future?
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MeShawn » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:25 pm

Mark Clayton and Reggie Brown are the big ones out of that group. They'll cost the most in a dynasty league (between #8 - #14 rookie picks), but they have the best chance for success. Clayton is a crisp route runner and Reggie is a talented WR who could step in immediately if TO stays stubborn.

Chris Henry is the "sleeper" (not so much of a sleeper among ff addicts) out of the bunch. He's among the top in talent in this year's WR draft class, but slipped a lot in the draft becuase of attitude problems. In a lot of situations, guys with attitude problems become the best buys.

Vincent Jackson could also be a interesting buy, but guys from small schools are very hard to read.

The bust of this group is Roddy White. Everyone is making him out to be something he's not. His stock went crazy after Mel Kiper moved him up to #12 or something on his big board. Now I'm not saying Michael Jenkins is a bust (I have him in one dynasty league), but he sure was last year. I'd be surprised if Roddy puts up better numbers than Jenkins did last year. Roddy White is on everyone's sleeper lists after Peerless Price had the eye problems. He has that WR nightmare named Michael Vick on top of the fact that he doesn't run smooth routes. Bust.
Last edited by MeShawn on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sig courtesy of madaslives911.
MeShawn
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:25 pm

The way I have it at this moment...

Mark Clayton
Roddy White
Reggie Brown
Vincent Jackson
Mark Bradley
Roscoe Parrish
Terrance Murphy
Chris Henry

Jerome Mathis in Houston also interests me as do Craphonso Thorpe in K.C. and Courtney Roby in Tennessee. Clayton should step in right away and make some noise. White has the talent and the door is open in Atlanta for him to be a star if he can stay disciplined. Brown in Philly has impressed thus far and could be a nice slot reciever in a high powered offense. Questions remain about the Eagles core at this point with T.O. making a fuss and Pinkston underachieving. Greg Lewis will also compete for the slot. Vincent Jackson is too much of a physical specimen to be ignored. He's big, fast and very intelligent. With nobody in San Diego really stepping up, outside of Gates, Jackson has a nice opportunity to be a big red zone threat. Bradley is a track star, but the Bears passing games leaves a lot to be desired, even though he could potentially be a starter by year's end. I don't see Parrish making much of an impact with Moulds and Evans ahead of him, not to mention a rookie QB in the mix. Murphy will be a slot reciever at best with Walker and Driver ahead of him and Ferguson still around. Henry hasn't impressed coaches with his attitude and probably won't make much of an impact unless some people get hurt.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Kensat30 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:27 pm

Roddy White will make an impact eventually and could start this year. Reggie Brown could challenge to become a #2 WR relatively quickly and could start this year. Chris Henry is probably the most physically talented WR you have listed, little chance he starts this year. Vincent Jackson I'm on the fence about.. could be one of those guys that never gets his chance.

Mark Clayton is the only surething money guy, I don't see how this guy busts.. Immediate NFL starting material and quality fantasy player down the road.

Guy I'd most likely to take a flier on is Matt Jones. This guy is a freak, he's like the Shaquelle O'Neal of WRs...

I really like Larry Brackins as a deep sleeper, you don't have him listed and he can be had for very cheap.
Last edited by Kensat30 on Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Re: Dynasty: Ranking the OTHER WRs

Postby maddog60 » Tue Jul 19, 2005 10:28 pm

Reggie Brown - lots of talent and a great situation to become #2 WR, possibly #1 in a few years.

Mark Clayton - he was the most polished WR of his draft class. i would put him higher than Brown, but until a Baltimore QB can prove they can throw he's got a lesser situation.

Roddy White - Not a whole lot of competition to become the #1 WR on his team within a year, and that's potential.

Roscoe Parrish - He'll have more value in leagues that count return yardage and in the next couple years replace Moulds in the lineup.

Chris Henry - I just think he's got amazing physical talent, and given a few years, could develop into a major threat, but he's got too much competition in Cincy.

Vincent Jackson - Someone has to emerge in SD as a credible WR.

Mark Bradley - Mussin is going to bust, and there's not much else in the way of competition.

Terrance Murphy
maddog60
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter

Return to Football Talk