Totally off topic...user classifications - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Totally off topic...user classifications

Moderator: Football Moderators

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:49 pm

It's quality, not quantity.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert
Home Cafe: Football

Postby portisfan24 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 8:58 pm

koffeeboy wrote:
socceryank wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:My suggestion is to focus on the posts, not the post count. Personally, I don't even see that part of the screen because it simply doesn't matter. Then in a month or two you can glance over there and see something has changed, not because you posted alot, but because you posted well.

That goes without saying...the one reason I think this is the best site out there for advice is because of the postings. My reason for this post was just out of curiousity... and hatred for being called a cheerleader! :-t

I agree that it doesn't really matter; I am very new here (actually first started visiting the baseball site by accident) and was ecstatic that there was one for football (I am a former Fanball forum guy). That classification is more of an indication of your time spent here, not necessarily your expertise (although they do seem to go hand in hand based on the postings from the long-timers here). ;-D

Looking forward to being an active part of the group; hope my advice helps others.

I would never take advice from a guy with the word "soccer" in his name.

I wouldnt take the advice of a guy who cant spell coffee.

n00b :-b
portisfan24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Flockers » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:04 pm

portisfan24 wrote:
koffeeboy wrote:
socceryank wrote:
Sixxgunn wrote:My suggestion is to focus on the posts, not the post count. Personally, I don't even see that part of the screen because it simply doesn't matter. Then in a month or two you can glance over there and see something has changed, not because you posted alot, but because you posted well.

That goes without saying...the one reason I think this is the best site out there for advice is because of the postings. My reason for this post was just out of curiousity... and hatred for being called a cheerleader! :-t

I agree that it doesn't really matter; I am very new here (actually first started visiting the baseball site by accident) and was ecstatic that there was one for football (I am a former Fanball forum guy). That classification is more of an indication of your time spent here, not necessarily your expertise (although they do seem to go hand in hand based on the postings from the long-timers here). ;-D

Looking forward to being an active part of the group; hope my advice helps others.

I wouldnt take the advice of a guy who cant spell coffee.

n00b :-b

Koffeeboy has been around longer than you.
Flockers
General Manager
General Manager

Graphics Expert

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:24 pm

When it comes to page 2 of this thread, I'm the apparent n00b new, bitchboy, whatever your term may be. Now how many sammichs is that you guys wanted? ;-)
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby socceryank » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:26 pm

koffeeboy wrote:
socceryank wrote:

Not a very kind welcome to the Cafe :-t

As with the quality vs. quantity arguement, it's the advice given that is important, not the username ;-D

And to think I was going to give you some props, KoffeeBoy for your excel spreadsheet work on your QB rankings.

I did consider changing my username (I know how you former football players feel superior to us former soccer vets)... but now I won't just as a matter of principle. ;-)

And why "KoffeeBOY"; why not step up to the plate and call yourself KoffeeMAN? You could then be part of a new dynamic duo...KoffeeMan and LatteBoy.

Just playin' with ya and having a good time...no harm intended!
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:36 pm

I know it is off topic.... but I used to own a couple of coffee shops in Sacramento, CA.

I became the 'coffeeboy' to all of my customers... because I was 18 at the time. No one ever took the time to learn my real name, so the nickname stuck. In signing up for something online... someone already used the name 'coffeeboy', so I used 'koffeeboy'... and have used it ever since.

And yes soccer and everything thereby affiliated sucks.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby socceryank » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:45 pm

koffeeboy wrote:I know it is off topic.... but I used to own a couple of coffee shops in Sacramento, CA.

I became the 'coffeeboy' to all of my customers... because I was 18 at the time. No one ever took the time to learn my real name, so the nickname stuck. In signing up for something online... someone already used the name 'coffeeboy', so I used 'koffeeboy'... and have used it ever since.

Still not feeling much love here...

BTW -- my former nickname was "SoccerBoy" given to me by a former boss because of my athletic history, and his hatred of the sport also (he also was very ignorant ;-)) I still owe him an asskicking.

And with this post (#25), I should now officially be a "WaterBoy" (or something other than "CheerLeader").

Thanks for helping me get there guys. ;-D
socceryank
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby creamdoorthirtyniner » Wed Jul 20, 2005 9:48 pm

Good stuff. This gave me a much needed laugh right now, this thread and all :-b
"I like rusty spooons...I like to touch them"
-Salad Fingers

Help Find a Cure for Diabetes,With a Simple Donantion to[url]http://www.jdrf.org/[/url]
You can make a difference!!
creamdoorthirtyniner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby SwiperNoSwiping » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:30 pm

socceryank wrote:
koffeeboy wrote:I know it is off topic.... but I used to own a couple of coffee shops in Sacramento, CA.

Still not feeling much love here...

BTW -- my former nickname was "SoccerBoy" given to me by a former boss because of my athletic history, and his hatred of the sport also (he also was very ignorant ;-)) I still owe him an asskicking.

And with this post (#25), I should now officially be a "WaterBoy" (or something other than "CheerLeader").

Thanks for helping me get there guys. ;-D

LOL! Congrats there Soccer dude. Nice work! Haha..
SwiperNoSwiping
Grillmaster
Grillmaster

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby kanezfan11 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 11:30 pm

BrutallyHuge wrote:My advice is to make mindless rapid posts that insult people.

When you get a very large amount of posts, you can call people "n00bs" or "newbs" and tell them to make you a "sammich." When you have lots of posts, you can belittle people in various ways.

My favorite is the team rating insults. Ask if they drafted their team or if they let an inbred monkey smash the keyboard. If someone questions you, say that you have an Excel spreadsheet that proves you correct ("My Excel spreadsheet says that Kerry Collins will throw 60TDs this year...you are not as smart as Excel."

I hope you can use these tips!

I started cracking up by the word "sammich" and it got funnier after.

:-b ;-D
kanezfan11
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk