Javon Walker - officially not reporting to training camp - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Javon Walker - officially not reporting to training camp

Moderator: Football Moderators

Javon Walker - officially not reporting to training camp

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:19 pm

Time to lower Javon out of the 3rd round?

The Milwaukee Journal-Sentinel

Javon Walker will continue his holdout when training camp begins. "We've made the decision that we're not going to report to training camp. And I can't say when we will report, or if, or when, but he will not be at camp," Walker's agent, Drew Rosenhaus said in an interview for HBO's Real Sports. "The teams refuse to negotiate with us. And he's making about half a million dollars, and he's one of the premier players in the league. I can't let this player go out on the field and jeopardize his career for that kind of money. I just can't fathom it."
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Calyxes » Wed Jul 20, 2005 3:23 pm

Thats to bad. I am sure he will get the money he wants if the packers want to win this year. They are going to need all the WR help they can get since they lost both starting guards.
Calyxes
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Flux » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:03 pm

haha, well it figures. Just completed a trade to get Walker...sorry folks, this must be my fault.

We'll see though, its more talk until camp actually starts
Flux
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Sixxgunn » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:10 pm

I can't comment on this without it turning into another 12 page b*tchfest about honoring contracts. So I'll just say, it sucks to be a Walker owner this year, and he dropped below Bernard Berrian on my draft sheet. That's low. Very low.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby catch22 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:18 pm

Flux wrote:haha, well it figures. Just completed a trade to get Walker...sorry folks, this must be my fault.

I have to take some blame I just drafted him yesterday. Although I drafted him in the 5th round. Not too bad. Come Jaholdout.....sign and move on.
"If you're playing a poker game and you look around the table and can't tell who the sucker is.......... it's you."

How 'bout them Cowboys!!!!
catch22
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Redskins Win » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:29 pm

I didn't know that agents had to report to training camp. :-B

Now, he really drops off my rankings. Even if this does get settled before the season begins, Favre will be looking to throw to anyone else, this might increase the Bubba Franks value.
Image[/quote]
[size=14][b]Letters from the procupine, they'll stick straight through you.
So read one anytime you think you've made mistakes.[/b][/size]
Redskins Win
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Free Bagel » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:41 pm

Flux wrote:haha, well it figures. Just completed a trade to get Walker...sorry folks, this must be my fault.

Well the way your team looks now this may be the only hope the rest of us have.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby koffeeboy » Wed Jul 20, 2005 4:43 pm

So long as game's aren't being missed...

I wouldn't lower Walker, TO, Alexander or any of the other holdouts too much. Right now, threats and this nonsense mean little.

Not to mention you may be able to get one of these guys at great value.
2002 O.F.F.L. League Champs!

"Easiest way to find a needle in a haystack? Burn the Haystack." - Kareem Said (HBO's Oz)

[URL=http://www.imageshack.us]Image[/URL]
koffeeboy
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby gatorman1122 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 5:02 pm

Hmm...for the past couple of years, how many premier players have actually held out for the entire season?
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Kensat30 » Wed Jul 20, 2005 6:00 pm

gatorman1122 wrote:Hmm...for the past couple of years, how many premier players have actually held out for the entire season?

Keenan McCardell never played a down for the Buc's last year. I don't know why people viewed that situation this much differently compared to Javon's.

You may say Keenan never was a star, and that he is much older and in the twilight of his career, but to give him credit, he was coming off a career year fantasy top10 season and he was far more of a proven veteran than Javon is now. Is it that far fetched that Walker sits in 2005? Who blinks first?
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Next

Return to Football Talk