Kickers? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kickers?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kickers?

Postby inferno19 » Fri Aug 22, 2003 10:57 pm

I've come to notice that there are a lot of available kickers in my league...including the likes of Jason Elam, Morten Andersen, Jeff Wilkins, and Jeff Reed.

Right now I have John Carney, and just picked up Jay Feely off of a worried owner. First of all, is Feely a safe bet to be the number 1 or number 2 kicker in the league still? ATL's offense looked like it was clicking w/o Vick.

Should I make any switches?
inferno19
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby moochman » Sat Aug 23, 2003 12:24 am

How are all those kickers left in your league when I got stuck with Mare in the 14th? I would hold onto one kicker. Elam. He gets to kick in the thin air in Denver. Because of that he will get and make longer FG attempts. Also a high scoring team. Both factors equal top scoring kicker, year in-year out.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby LBJackal » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:00 am

year in and year out, Elam has already kicked in thin air. He wasn't the best last year, so why would this year be any different?John Carney is in my opinion the best FG kicker, fantasy wise, in the NFL. He will kick lots of field goals, including a bunch of long ones. Also his team's offense is pretty secure, with the likes of Deuce, Brooks, Horn, Stallworth, etc. He would be the guy to keep if it were up to me...Carney also plays in a Dome for all his home games, unlike Elam...
LBJackal
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Ousmagic » Sat Aug 23, 2003 1:04 am

all the kickers are the same i got mare in the 15th round of my 12 team league where gramatica went 5 rounds earlier and they will put up the same fantasy points
Ousmagic
Head Coach
Head Coach

Return to Football Talk