Fisher says RBBC in Tennessee - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Fisher says RBBC in Tennessee

Moderator: Football Moderators

Don't Get Too Excited

Postby tds04 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 6:31 am

The Titans are a ship looking for the proverbial rudder. Brown will bounce in and out of the line-up all year, and Henry is almost as injury prone, too. Their defense is a sieve with extra holes, which will force Mcnair to win games with his arm. Add the lose of his #1 security blanket, Derrick Mason, and the fact that Mcnair won't make it through October and you have a recipe for disaster. Brown and Henry are strictly back ups, at best. The two guys with the most upside on this team are the ones who lit the field on fire last December-Volek and Bennett.
tds04
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Free Bagel » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:06 am

I don't think Fisher meant literally 90%. I think he intended to say something about feature backs that get the vast majority of the carries, and the 90% was just a number that sounded good without really thinking. The kind of thing we use in every day speech.
Free Bagel
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby ironman » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:45 am

RBBC? I'll take it. I had Henry in a keeper league and even if he's not the full-time starter he'll still get me more points than he would riding the pine in Buffalo.

Henry is my #4 RB too so its not like I'm gonna need him on a weekly basis.
ironman
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Cafe RankerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Sixxgunn » Thu Jul 21, 2005 9:03 am

I would seriously consider taking everything to heart that he says. Fisher is one of the last stand up coaches that doesn't take guff from a player, and doesn't really care what anyone thinks. If he says both guys are in, I believe him. Problem arises when you cosider taking either one of them. Will Brown get hurt again, making Henry the more valuable pick? Or will less time on the field translate into more success and less injuries for Brown, keeping Henry off the field as well and killing both of them? I think I'm avoiding these guys until very late in the draft, then I might stash Brown and hope for the best. Doubt it will happen, as someone will invariably look at stats and not at the situation and draft Brown way too high. Maybe Henry will be there late, and he might pay off.
[url=http://imageshack.us][img]http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1065/sixgunn7ao0rc.jpg[/img][/url]
Sixxgunn
General Manager
General Manager

(Past Year: 3)

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:14 pm

When did "RBBC" replace "AIDS" as the scariest 4 letter acronym? :-D

Definitely a situation I want to stay out of. I might scoop Henry if he falls way way down (#4 or #5 RB) in the draft & then pray for Brown to go down. What a mess.

:-? "No more featured backs?" I sure hope Ladanian didn't hear that, he might be freaked out...I'd better call him....
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Pete123444 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:38 pm

This is real ugly. And with Tennessee defense what it is, I think they will be passing alot to catch up. I'm staying away from this mess.
Pete123444
General Manager
General Manager

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby cooleyhigh » Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:02 pm

Ricky_Christ wrote:When did "RBBC" replace "AIDS" as the scariest 4 letter acronym? :-D

LOL... thats great man ;-D ;-D :-b
cooleyhigh
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Plindsey88 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:28 am

socceryank wrote:
Before last year, Carolina used Davis exclusively.

Not true.... In 2003, Deshaun Foster had 113 carries and 29 receptions in 14 games...

Signature courtesy of: madaslives911
Plindsey88
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby ScreamingWeasel » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:39 pm

The best laid plans of mice and men ...

I predict Travis Henry will beat out Chris Brown in training camp.
Starter on the depth chart.
After 3 weeks of a stupid RBBC plan, Henry will be the "90%" back "that doesn't exist anymore". (According to Jeff Fisher).

That is - if Brown makes it out of training camp unhurt.

2 cents from Da Wease.
ScreamingWeasel
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

Previous

Return to Football Talk