Drew Bennett - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Drew Bennett

Moderator: Football Moderators

Drew Bennett

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:13 pm

What do you think of him?

Blew up last year, or at least had a couple good games that skewed his numbers. Add two good backs and take away Mason and he's the go-to WR. Does he fight off the double team and have a good year, or does he see the demise of Peerless Price as going from number two to number one makes for facing tougher defenders?

I'm thinking about 1000 yards and 10-12 td's.

Thoughts?
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:17 pm

He's a good high risk/ high reward WR. I have him on my teams as a possible flex starter. Just don't take him too high, because there's a decent chance he will end up a total bust.
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby fx495232 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:30 pm

i don't think his numbers will be that high. i think he caught most of his td's from volek. and calico could be pretty good.
fx495232
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kensat30 » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:58 pm

Drew Bennett '05 = Santana Moss '04

This guy lived off the deep ball and had a few big games last year. He wasn't a big catch WR and he wasn't used extensively in the redzone or goalline area. I think the loss off Hemerdinger and the addition of Chow will see a major shift in the offensive philosophy of the Titan's.

Not only will there be less deep routes, I think the deep routes in general will be quicker, shallower routes that are based more on a timing system than a "huck it to the streaking WR system". Don't get me wrong, Drew Bennett will not be a total bust like Santana was last season, I just see the most significant positive aspect of his game neutralized and his stats should see a significant decline. I think Bennett is actually way more talented than S.Moss and he has the size and hands to make the short catches, but we should expect a major decline in TDs due to an added emphasis on the run game in the redzone area.

70/1000/6
Last edited by Kensat30 on Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby Ricky_Christ » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:03 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Drew Bennett '05 = Santana Moss '04

This guy lived off the deep ball and had a few big games last year. He wasn't a big catch WR and he wasn't used extensively in the redzone or goalline area. I think the loss off Hemerdinger and the addition of Chow will see a major shift in the offensive philsophy of the Titan's.

Not only will there be less deep routes, I think the deep routes in general will be quicker, shallower routes that are based more on a timing system than a "huck it and pray system". Don't get me wrong, Drew Bennett will not be a total bust like Santana was last season, I just see the most significant positive aspect of his game neutralized and his stats should see a significant decline. I think Bennett is actually way more talented than S.Moss and he has the size and hands to make the short catches, but we should expect a major decline in TDs due to an added emphasis on the run game in the redzone area.

70/1000/6

I swear to God I was just about to say that! :-D

Agreed, he'll probably go too early in most drafts to be worth grabbing. ;-D
Praise Ricky!
Ricky_Christ
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby houstonherdfan » Thu Jul 21, 2005 8:04 pm

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:He's a good high risk/ high reward WR. I have him on my teams as a possible flex starter. Just don't take him too high, because there's a decent chance he will end up a total bust.

EXACTLY.

I would take him late middle rounds. In the drafts I have done, both leagues and mocks, he has been taken earlier than where I would take him.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby MadScott » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:17 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Not only will there be less deep routes, I think the deep routes in general will be quicker, shallower routes that are based more on a timing system than a "huck it to the streaking WR system".

Especially if they want McNair to live through the season. This is a good call.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:28 pm

The loss of Mason will mean that Bennett has to fend off the best corners and double teams. Don't know how well he'll do that. And the addition of Henry is a sure sign of the move toward a grind it out ground game that will keep McNair off his can, and keep the swiss cheese D off the field. Could really have an adverse affect on Bennett's numbers.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:28 pm

I liken Drew Bennett to Peerless Price. I just don't see how he's going to step in as a #1 in Tennessee and continue to put up the numbers he did last year. He's not going to fall completely apart, but I would expect 65-75% of the numbers he put up last year.
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Mercer Boy » Thu Jul 21, 2005 11:44 pm

Yeah, I don't like Bennett. Too many of his points came in a few huge games. I don't think the Titans want to air it out that much, especially now with two good RB's that they want to use.

Of course, if they get behind (like the may do a lot this year), he could be good for garbage time yards. I still wouldn't expect him to put up big-time TD numbers. Low #2/Good #3 WR for a team would mean 6th/7th round, not 5th like I'm seeing here on Antsports. ;-D
The One, the Only, the Incomparable Mercer Boy.
My My YouTube.
Mercer Boy
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterLucky Ladders ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Next

Return to Football Talk