Unique Cafe Keeper League has Openings for 2005!!!! - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Classifieds

Unique Cafe Keeper League has Openings for 2005!!!!

Moderator: Football Moderators

Unique Cafe Keeper League has Openings for 2005!!!!

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:37 pm

Kuulei Fantasy Football League hosted here at the cafe has openings for the 2005 season.

Last year was our first year and we didn't have the number of returners we were hoping for. This league uses contract years for the keepers and right now we have quite a few open teams.

Here is a quick rundown on how the contract years work. And since this is the beginning of our second year, no contracts have been handed out yet, you will be able to decide these yourself. That being said, we have a lot to get out of the way in the next two weeks or so, so we can draft and get ready for the start of the season.

BGbootha wrote:the easiest way to think about it is in terms of simply 'years'. Its a keeper league where the owner (you) get to determine who/how many and how long you keep your players.

1. At the end of this season, each owner will receive 12 contract years to assign to there players as they wish. (ie sign one player to 12 years or 12 players to 1 year of any such combination in between)

2. Once you have signed your players to their contract they are part of your team for that duration. (unless you decide to trade or release them)

3. Contract years can be traded. (for instance each team now has 12 to play with via trade or what not)

4. At the end of every year, (other than this year) we will have a period in which we will sign restricted free agents. A restricted free agent is any player whose contract has just ended in the past season. ie. someone who is signed to a one year contract this season will become a restriced free agent on superbowl sunday of next season.

4a. During the free agent period, owners will make blind bids on the available free agents throughout the league. After the bids have been submitted. The original owner of the free agent will have a chance to match the winning bid. If the original doesn't want to match the bid, the new bidder can sign the free agent to the contract that he bid.

4b. If the bidding owner does not want to honor the winning bid, he has that right but will be penailized one contract year for not honoring the blind bid.

like i said in the original rules, it gets a lot easier to understand once we get into the swing of things. You should have a better idea of how your team is going to use the 12 years once you have a team to look at. (thursday)

There are some great teams left, check out the rosters of the teams available here!!

*Also since we had a large problem with people sticking around we are opening it up to cafe vets first and foremost. Please respond here or PM me if you are interested.

**Also we are not 100% sure how we are going to assign the new owners to thier respective teams. My idea is that once we get filled up we will determine a random order and you all can draft your teams, allowing the last two teams in that draft to draft first in this years draft!! (Just an ida at this point.)[/quote]
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby BGbootha » Thu Jul 21, 2005 7:50 pm

Above is the abbreviated version of the Contract years explanation. For the full version check out.

http://www.geocities.com/rbootha/contractyears.htm
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Bronco_Andy » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:29 am

im interested pm me
Bronco_Andy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Postby gatorman1122 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 6:53 am

I'm interested...sign me up! :-B
gatorman1122
Head Coach
Head Coach

COUNT ME IN

Postby coleminer » Fri Jul 22, 2005 8:39 am

Any reason for the high-level of attrition? Also, are every team receiving 12 contract years or are the contract years going to be decremented by last years finish? Thx, Bill
coleminer
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: COUNT ME IN

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:02 pm

coleminer wrote:Any reason for the high-level of attrition? Also, are every team receiving 12 contract years or are the contract years going to be decremented by last years finish? Thx, Bill

Each team will start the season with 12 contract years.

The main reason I can think of for the high turnover rate was that we put this thing together fairly last minute last season and didn't really put time in to find quality owners. We had a great deal of newbies here at the cafe who simply joined to join a cafe league. Many players failed to continue play even after the first couple of weeks.
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Sandrock » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:12 pm

I'm definitely interested and committed. I won't bail after a few weeks.
Sandrock
Head Coach
Head Coach

Eagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 5:09 pm

I might be interested, i'll send you a pm later tonite.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby BGbootha » Fri Jul 22, 2005 9:39 pm

steelerfan04 wrote:I might be interested, i'll send you a pm later tonite.

PM Sent!!! Also if anyone else wants to know, this is a free league with just some friendly competition between some of us at the cafe. And it is hosted on Yahoo (what can I say its free)
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Bronco_Andy » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:05 am

why didnt you pm me anyways in interested in the vick team pm me thanks
Bronco_Andy
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Sweet 16 Survivor

Next

Return to Classifieds