Thoughts on Donald Driver? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Donald Driver?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Thoughts on Donald Driver?

Postby dogthedyslexic » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:15 am

With Javon Walker's recent announcement that he will hold out this season if he doesn't receive a trade or a new deal, what does this do to the value of Donald Driver? How high up the WR rankings does this move him. Considering Walker was being taken as the 6th WR and Driver as the 20th, does this move Driver into the top 10?

Sorry if this is already being discussed, and if it is, I'd appreciate a link to the thread.
dogthedyslexic
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby RockDawg » Fri Jul 22, 2005 12:32 am

Well, if Walker really lives up to his statement, and does holdout, then I think Driver does move into the top 10. In the case of a trade, things would be even different yet.
A good friend will come and bail you out of jail..BUT a true friend will be sitting next to you saying, "Damn..that was fun!"
RockDawg
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Postby GMoney » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:41 am

well there has already been quite an extensive dicussion about Driver about a month ago.. which you can archive... since i forgot to get the link before i started writing this post which details Drivers approx value before the news of a 'definate' holdout.

last year in my leagues scoring system Driver WAS ALREADY a top 10 wideout with 1208 yards recieving and 9 TDS... ahead of Mason, D Jax, Bruce, Clayton, A Johnson and the like.

Now that he may be favres #1 target he is DEFINATELY top 10 material.... but as always he will be undervalued due to 1 injury plagued year out of the last 3 where people think his production is a fluke.

i expect another year of 1200-1300 and 8-12 TDs...

Edit: jeez i cant spell and crap on alot.
Last edited by GMoney on Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
GMoney
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby MadScott » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:43 am

We did a 2 pager here on him.

http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/foru ... ald+driver

Seems like most feel like he's flying under the radar. With Walker's potential holdout looming, his value should go up.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

top 10

Postby DelhommesFan1 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 7:17 am

i honestly think he will fall into the top 10 again. With green bay loosing two of its best lineman this season, the running game might be shot, and we all know favre loves to be in shootouts. Earlier favre asked walker to stop the holdout and come practice. He hasnt, which means favre might start looking towards driver this season alot more
DelhommesFan1
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby bagobonez » Fri Jul 22, 2005 10:38 am

Yes and Driver has been a #1 in this offense before and has excelled at it. Walker holding out might even be better for Driver. I have him as my #3 WR behind CJ and D-Jax and couldn't be happier.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby bellybrother » Fri Jul 22, 2005 11:25 am

This whole Walker holdout is makin me mad. Not because of what it does to Walker, but because of what it does to Driver. Before this nonsense he was under the radar. Dropping a coupla rds below my projected value for him, making him a steal in the 6th rd.

He was getting no respect considering he finished as the 10th best wr in my scoring sytem last year. But with this Walker talk, people are now asking more and more about Driver and his stock will rise making his value compared to his ADP's decrease.

Come to camp Javon. The Packers ain't gonna budge. Come to camp, show some good will, repair some fences and then get a deal done. And do it before people in my leagues remember how good Driver is.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 2:53 pm

I disagree that Driver's value goes up if Walker continues his holdout. If Walker holds out, then Driver gets all the attention from the defense and I think will have a much harder time getting open. Walker's hold out improves the value of Terrence Murphy and Robert Ferguson, but I think it drops Driver's value. If Walker is there, i look for Driver to be in the top 15. If walker holds out for an extended period, then i look for Driver to drop about 10-15 spots.
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Postby bellybrother » Fri Jul 22, 2005 3:03 pm

chaindog35 wrote:I disagree that Driver's value goes up if Walker continues his holdout. If Walker holds out, then Driver gets all the attention from the defense and I think will have a much harder time getting open. Walker's hold out improves the value of Terrence Murphy and Robert Ferguson, but I think it drops Driver's value. If Walker is there, i look for Driver to be in the top 15. If walker holds out for an extended period, then i look for Driver to drop about 10-15 spots.

I agree that the reality of Driver's value goes down, but I argue that the perception of Driver's value will rise, at least in some circles. Both make my favorite value pick WR less so. And now more people will look at Driver as an option than did before.

If You're Not Livin On The Edge, You're Takin Up Too Much Space
bellybrother
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby chaindog35 » Fri Jul 22, 2005 4:18 pm

i agree with you belly. people will draft him higher if walker is gone and i think that's a mistake. he's a good value now though, if you can get him in the 6th or 7th
A new forum opened up! Read about the latest "Great Debate" where YOU ask the questions. You lucky VIP, you.
http://www.fantasyfootballcafe.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=106
chaindog35
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 1)

Next

Return to Football Talk