Keary Colbert and T. Calico - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Keary Colbert and T. Calico

Moderator: Football Moderators

Keary Colbert and T. Calico

Postby johnnie2130 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 1:57 pm

What predictions does everybody have for these two? They're always around late in mocks. I'm still learning, but think one or both could have good years and be good late round value picks. Any thoughts on these guys?
johnnie2130
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Crafty » Sat Jul 23, 2005 2:55 pm

Calico is always supposed to break out, but he's taken so long to recover from last year's injury, I'm skeptical that he's going to make an impact this year.

Colbert showed some great ability last year, and they'll want to put him in Muhammed's role, considering how well that worked. While Smith may be back to full speed, I get the feeling he won't be the true number one there. He'll stretch the field while Colbert gets a ton of work underneath.

Both are high-reward players, but Colbert shows lower risk. I don't know why he's slipping so far.
Fortune favours the bold.
Crafty
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 23, 2005 3:12 pm

Of the two, Calico has the better chance, IMO, of emerging with #1 type of numbers simply because he's playing alongside Bennett while Smith is catching passes opposite of Colbert.

Realistically, I think around 800 yds./6-8TDs for both, with a bit more upside in yardage for Calico, IMO.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:19 pm

MadScott wrote:Of the two, Calico has the better chance, IMO, of emerging with #1 type of numbers simply because he's playing alongside Bennett while Smith is catching passes opposite of Colbert.

Realistically, I think around 800 yds./6-8TDs for both, with a bit more upside in yardage for Calico, IMO.

I agree with you MS. Calico has alot of IFs to him, IF he can stay healthy. I also think IF McNair can stay healthy, i know Volek is also a good QB but with McNair at the helm i think Calico will put up better #s. Calico could put up #1 reciever stats in Chows offence. I have seen alot of drafts where Calico wasnt even picked, which really suprised me.

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Crimedogg32 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:45 pm

I look for Colbert to break out. As others said he is going to be replacing Muhammad and I think he will be the redzone target and get double digit TDs.
Crimedogg32
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby Tiki » Sat Jul 23, 2005 4:50 pm

Crimedogg32 wrote:I look for Colbert to break out. As others said he is going to be replacing Muhammad and I think he will be the redzone target and get double digit TDs.
I agree with Crime, here. I have Colbert and Calico in a dynasty league, and I need both of them to have break-out years soon! ;-D
Keep it lit.
Tiki
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Graphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby steelerfan04 » Sat Jul 23, 2005 5:19 pm

Both Colbert and Calico will have good years. Now with defenses keying in on Drew Bennett (who i think is overrated), Calico should be targeted a lot.
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby evil_beaver_dp » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:01 pm

It sounds to me like Colbert is being undervalued while both Bennet and Calico are overvalued at the moment. I think I'd take Colbert over either of them.

Bennet put up most of his numbers against poor (to say it nicely) defenses while the Titans really aired out their offense with nothing to lose, something I doubt they do much of this season. Also, Bennet will struggle as a number one reciever without Mason drawing the top CB and safety help away from him.

In the case of Colbert, he has a legit number one running with him in Steve Smith, and Colbert is a borderline number one reciever himself.
evil_beaver_dp
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby MadScott » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:09 pm

evil_beaver_dp wrote:It sounds to me like Colbert is being undervalued while both Bennet and Calico are overvalued at the moment. I think I'd take Colbert over either of them.

Bennet put up most of his numbers against poor (to say it nicely) defenses while the Titans really aired out their offense with nothing to lose, something I doubt they do much of this season. Also, Bennet will struggle as a number one reciever without Mason drawing the top CB and safety help away from him.

In the case of Colbert, he has a legit number one running with him in Steve Smith, and Colbert is a borderline number one reciever himself.

I don't know that I'd call Calico overvalued at all. I've got Colbert personally rated higher. Truthfully, in many mocks that I've seen, Colbert is going before Calico. I do think though that Calico has more potential value, that's all that I'm saying.
I like simple pleasures, like butter in my ass, lollipops in my mouth. That's just me.
MadScott
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Sat Jul 23, 2005 6:12 pm

evil_beaver_dp wrote:It sounds to me like Colbert is being undervalued while both Bennet and Calico are overvalued at the moment. I think I'd take Colbert over either of them.

I AGREE COMPLETELY!!!!!!
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Next

Return to Football Talk